5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 6:46 AM by A.T. Romano

Please help - 4k video play back is blurry in PE13 timeline

jamestpaugh Level 1

P

please help! 4k video is blurry while playing back in PE13.

THe he original clip looks fine on windows media player but a side by side shows it's much more blurry in PE13. I tried to convert to 1080p ! I converted to 1080p visoftware but still no go!

• 1. Re: Please help - 4k video play back is blurry in PE13 timeline
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I wouldn't recommend converting your video unless you really know what you're doing. You can often end up with a video that's even less compatible with the program!

What are the exact specs of the 4K video you're using: Resolution, frame rate and audio and video codec. You can see these by opening a clip in G Spot or Media Info.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Version 14 is much more versatile, when it comes to working with 4K video -- but version 13 should have no problems editing XAVC video at 3840x2160.

• 2. Re: Please help - 4k video play back is blurry in PE13 timeline
            jamestpaugh Level 1

Thanks for helping,

Here are some specs for you:

Resolution 4k

Frame rate 24 fps

Codec mov

ISO 800

film was shot with 'Phantom 3 Professional.

I hope this is enough info. if I'm missing something, please let me know. I hope all our shots haven't been in vein. Looking forward to your reply with bated breath.

J

• 3. Re: Please help - 4k video play back is blurry in PE13 timeline
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jamestpaugh

From what I have read and from your posted information, you appear to be recording

4K AVCHD.mov @ 24 progressive frames per second. Is your recording mode specifically for UHD 3840 x 2160?

If so, you should be able to import your 4K .mov file into Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14 to get the same excellent results. I have been there and done that. But, I see no opportunity to export that as the 4K.mov in either versions. The export would be .mp4.

About the blurry previewing and based on my assumptions on your recording mode...

1. Are you using the project preset = NTSC/AVCHD/QFHD 16x9 23.976

2. After you have imported the file into the project, if you go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, do you see the following

4Kproject preset.JPG

3. When you are previewing your Timeline 4K in the Edit area monitor, is there an orange colored line over its contents?

4. Also, right click the Edit area monitor, select Playback Quality and then Highest. Also, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and have Timeline Rendering Quality set to High quality/Slow speed.

Please consider along with the rest of the discussion in your thread.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Please help - 4k video play back is blurry in PE13 timeline
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As I said, we'll need you to open a video file in G Spot or Media Info to give us the complete specs.

4K is general term that can describe a couple of different resolutions. We'll need to know the exact resolution of your file. As i said, Premiere Elements works with XAVC 3840x2160, which may not be the resolution of your video file.

Also, MOV is format, not a codec. G spot or Media Info will list the actual video and audio codecs your file is using.

• 5. Re: Please help - 4k video play back is blurry in PE13 timeline
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jamestpaugh

In case you need the video specifications for your recording device, please see

Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Specs | DJI

The information in that above link is consistent with what I wrote in post 3

From what I have read and from your posted information, you appear to be recording

4K AVCHD.mov @ 24 progressive frames per second. Is your recording mode specifically for UHD 3840 x 2160?

Note that this link with the specifications give AVCHD (MPEG4 AVC/H.264) as the video compression and a choice of MP4 or MOV file extenstion with frame rate of 24 progressive frames per second. That appears to fit the description that you already have posted for your file.

ATR