7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 6:07 PM by A.T. Romano

I cannot add music in Premier Elements 12

olddog1940

My video is a mp4 that I took using my quadcopter camera.  I want to replace the buzz of the props with a musical score.  I followed the video tutorial instructions and added my video to the timeline then selected and added the music.  When i press the play button I still hear the prop buzz, not the music.  I saved my file and went back into it and still only hear th props.  Tried several times to no avail, can anyone help?  

• 1. Re: I cannot add music in Premier Elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

olddog1940

Have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? What computer operating system?

Where is the musical score coming from - the project music scores or from some place else. Is the only sound linked to the video the props?

What did you do...delete the original sound and then put the musical score in its place, muted the original and added the musical score in the appropriate audio track position, or something else?

ATR

• 2. Re: I cannot add music in Premier Elements 12
            olddog1940 Level 1

Thanks for your quick response to my question!  

I had not updated to 12.1, I did so and opened my project and there was no change, I still don't hear the musical score, only the prop noise that was on the original soundtrack..  I am using Windows 8.1.

I dragged the musical score from the audio file that is part of the Adobe project musical scores.  It played in the dialog box that opened after I dragged the file to my timeline but does not play when I press play for the video.

I did not delete the original soundtrack (prop noise).  The tutorial I watched didn't have instructions for doing that.  In the tutorial it looked like the musical score overlaid the old soundtrack.

• 3. Re: I cannot add music in Premier Elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

olddog1940

Thanks for the reply.

If you have not already, please be working in the Expert workspace since I believe we can see better what is happening and thus have more control over the workflow.

1. Given you have video on Video Track 1 and the file's audio on Audio Track 1...right click the Timeline file and select Delete Audio from the pop up menu.

2. Go to the Audio Tab to get your Music Score. Click and drag your Music Score to the Soundtrack under your video that remains.

You will see the following: Generating, Conforming, and Score Properties - click done. Did you do any changes in the Score Properties dialog before you clicked Done?

3. When you playback the Timeline content in the Edit area monitor, do you hear the music?

ATR

• 4. Re: I cannot add music in Premier Elements 12
                olddog1940 Level 1

Progress, thanks!  I was able to add my musical score and save the file.  It saved it as a *.pre file though and I need it to be *.mp4.  I don't see an option to save the file in any other format.

• 5. Re: I cannot add music in Premier Elements 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

olddog1940

The prel file is the project file for importing and editing. Your files in the project file (.prel) can be exported to a video file saved to the computer hard drive.

For a MP4 export for your video with its new audio, consider

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets set to one of the MP4 choices. The MP4 choices should be consistent with your project settings and Timeline source media.

If you wanted to export just the audio of what you have on the Timeline, then consider

Publish+Share

Computer

Audio with Presets set for AIFF, AAC, MP3, or Windows Waveform (WAV).

(you may not see Audio...it is at the bottom of the list..you need to use the thin scroll bar to the right of the choices in order to get to it)

If you need help with the settings, then please supply details of project settings and Timeline source media, and I will post details for the export.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: I cannot add music in Premier Elements 12
                    olddog1940 Level 1

Success!  I got what I needed.  Thank you A.T. for your help with my learning curve!

• 7. Re: I cannot add music in Premier Elements 12
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

olddog1940

Wonderful news "Success?" Great job.

Thanks for reporting the outcome.

Best wishes

ATR