6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 6:36 AM by Szalam

AE crashes everytime when I want to track

V4GmbH

I'm so sick and tired of all this stuf...

I just want to track my footage. Everytime I want to track, AE crashes. Tried this with two Macs. Both Macs are showing the same

1st Mac:

iMac 2012

3,4 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

2nd Mac:

iMac 2010

2,93 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB

OS X 10.10.3 (14D136)

• 1. Re: AE crashes everytime when I want to track
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What kind of track? What kind of footage? What is your workflow? What version of AE down to the last decimal point. There were bugs in the tracker in some versions that have been fixed.

• 2. Re: AE crashes everytime when I want to track
            V4GmbH Level 1

I motiontrack MXF files from a Sony PXW-FS7 with AE CC2015 (Version 13.5.0.347) via imported Premiere Sequence from CC2014. Because actually I wanted to colourgrade my footage, too.

But look how funny it is. If I grade with Premiere/SpeedGrade CC 2015 I would loose my correction after I switch between the programs because of a bug in SpeedGrade that is not fixed yet, and Adobe support says, NOT to use it.

So I didn't have problems in any other area of working with AE CC15 linked with Premiere CC14...

• 3. Re: AE crashes everytime when I want to track
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Speed Grade does not show up in AE because it isn't designed to. If your MXF files will open in AE and you cannot enable motion tracking then let us know. I'm not having any problems with any of the footage I commonly use. Make sure AE is up to date. If you cannot open the footage then try transcoding the footage to an image sequence or a production format DI. You could also look to see if there is a Sony importer for your MXF footage.

• 4. Re: AE crashes everytime when I want to track
                V4GmbH Level 1

I'm not saying that AE should show up SpeedGrade.

I said that the grading workflow with dynamic link with Premiere CC15 and SpeedGrade CC15 is not working, more it's a bug from the beginning of the release and nobody tells you. Only after long researches you'll find such infromation.

In CC14 it does work. That's why I used Premiere CC14 and imported a CC14 sequence to AE CC15.

Unfortunately for me is that mxf files do open and are able to motion track.

It crashes when I try to motion track the Premiere sequence.

I track with pauses so if the tracker makes mistakes I can correct them. That's the moment of crashing. When I'm tracking the hole "scene" it does not crash but it has also mistakes in it so that I have to correct the keyframes afterwards.

So now I have to export my sequence and import it into AE so that I can track my file and not the sequence.

It's AGAIN a bug that I just cannot accept when I'm paying for it!...

Btw, that AE sometimes does not import your sequence in your composition is also a bug since the release of CC15 and isn't fixed since then!

• 5. Re: AE crashes everytime when I want to track
                  jblessing00

I'm having the same problem! This is insane.

AE 13.5.1.48

Windows 8.1

• 6. Re: AE crashes everytime when I want to track
                    Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is a nasty little bug in CC 2015 where stopping a track will cause a crash. If I recall correctly, it will be fixed in the update coming out at the end of this month.

Until then, we have to use CC 2014 to do point tracking. (Camera tracking, Mocha planar tracking, mask tracking, and face tracking should all still work in CC 2015.)

Happily, you can install CC 2014 (or CC or CS6) through the Creative Cloud app: How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015

And you can open projects created with CC 2015 in CC 2014 with no problems too.