• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot view video embedded in PDF with Acrobat Reader because Edge prevents install.

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell tablet running Windows 10 and Edge of course.  I have installed the latest version of Acrobat Reader and can open PDFs fine.  However, the embedded video content will not play because, as Acrobat Reader states, I need to install Flash.  Unfortunately, when accessing the Flash download page, Edge gives me the message that Flash is build into Edge and that I do not need to install Flash.

-Flash is turned ON within Edge and displays web-based flash content just fine.

-I need to view flash content from within Acrobat Reader, not Edge.  Edge WILL display the PDF, but will NOT play the embedded video either.

-Edge doesn't want to let me install another copy of flash.

-I want to be able to view PDFs from within Acrobat Reader and have Reader work with the embedded flash video content.

Do I need to download the installer on a different machine and copy it over to the tablet to force the install, or is there a more elegant way of going about making this work like it should?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi therobthomas,

Microsoft does indeed embed Flash Player in IE and Edge, and all updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Update. However, Acrobat Reader does not use this version of Flash Player.  Please see the tech note Reader, Acrobat | Flash Player download for Windows to download the Flash Player version used by Acrobat Reader.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines