3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 11:14 AM by 1Annabelle11

Lost Edits

1Annabelle11

I went into LrCC to finish editing photos from several weeks ago. I was looking through the dates in my library to find this shoot. It disappeared. I thought it was gone for good, but scrolled through "all photographs" and the photos were there, but with none of my edits. Why did they disappear from the area where they are categorized by date? And can I get my edits back?

• 1. Re: Lost Edits
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It would be hard to tell you from the information that has been given. Lightroom edits are stored in the catalog. Unless you had all of the images highlighted, auto-sync enabled and clicked on the Reset button, theoretically your editing work should still be intact. You might want to revert to your most recent backup and see if that resolves your problem. Otherwise, we would need a lot more information about what REALLY took place.

• 2. Re: Lost Edits
            dj_paige Level 9

In addition to what Jim said, another possibility is that when the import was done, you (accidentally) copied the photos to a directory that you really didn't want them to go to, and then edited the photos. So looking in the date folders won't find them. Some people then import the photos a 2nd time, giving them an unedited copy and an edited copy.

If you go to All Photographs, and search for the photos by file name (click on Text, set the dropdown to File Name and then type in the file name of one of these photos), do two copies appear, one edited and one unedited?

• 3. Re: Lost Edits
              1Annabelle11 Level 1

Exactly! It's very hard for me to give you information unfortunately

because I have no idea what happened. I'm just going to go back and re edit

and hope this doesn't happen again. Thanks for trying!