2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2016 3:43 PM by CoSA_DaveS

HOW TO Create Bad Lip reading with Character animator

superjane35

Hi,  I'm playing around with Character Animator.  I'm a doc filmmaker so its a bit out of the norm for me.  But I was making a "bad-lip reading" spoof if you are not familiar with this here's a link.  Bad Lip Reading - YouTube

The spoof is for a fundraising campaign for my daughter's school so its the perfect time to just learn what is possible with character animator with no real client pressure. Ok basically the clip almost works but I want a couple of words to hit a little better with the mouth.  So can I take a head shot of the video clip that I have already applied detailed face video tracking to in after affects import that into photoshop and make a png with all the layers and then import the png into Character Animator.  Animate the mouth to my audio and then import it back into after affects and add it to the scene.   Not sure if that will work at all?  Any ideas on how to make the sync fit better - do you know any tricks that Bad-Lip reading may do to produce such great results?    Thanks - L