2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 12:08 PM by dj_paige

LR will not now import images

prospectmik Level 1

Lightroom 5 on my iMac will now not import images, thought I can import them to Photos. It shows the images but when I press to import I get an error message that it cannot read the files. I use a card reader and have also no luck with SD card in back of IMac either and also use CF cards.

• 1. Re: LR will not now import images
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

May i know did you tried copying the images on the desktop and then try to import the images into the Lightroom, if not please try it out

Thanks

• 2. Re: LR will not now import images
            dj_paige Level 9

prospectmik wrote:

Lightroom 5 on my iMac will now not import images, thought I can import them to Photos. It shows the images but when I press to import I get an error message that it cannot read the files. I use a card reader and have also no luck with SD card in back of IMac either and also use CF cards.

This error message indicates that your destination directory does not have WRITE permission. So you need to determine what the destination directory is (it's in the Lightroom Import Dialog box on the right) and then change the permissions on this EXACT folder to WRITE permission.