3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2015 12:59 PM by A.T. Romano

What must I do to be able to install my Premiere Elements 10 on more than one computer?

LouEDG

Does activating a second installation deactivate the first installation?

Will I need to purchase a second copy in order to have two installations of the same program ?

• 1. Re: What must I do to be able to install my Premiere Elements 10 on more than one computer?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

LouEDG

Premiere Elements 10 on what computer? Do all the computers involved have the same operating system? And, what type of installation materials do you have - installation files or installation discs?

The Adobe license says that you are allowed the same purchased activated serial number on no more than two of your computers. And, you are not supposed to run the two at the same time.

Deactivating is not the same as uninstall. Our focus here is Deactivate. You Deactivate Premiere Elements 10 by going to the Timeline workspace/Help Menu/Deactivate and click on Deactivate and wait for the confirmation that the Deactivation has taken place. At that point, you can uninstall Premiere Elements 10 or not.

Activating a second installation on a second computer should not deactivate the first installation on the first computer. Remember, Activation, Deactivation vs Install, Uninstall are not the same thing.

Also note, you cannot run an installed deactivated program.

Please let me know if that is clear. If you need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: What must I do to be able to install my Premiere Elements 10 on more than one computer?
            LouEDG Level 1

Dear A.T.,

Thank you for your prompt reply to my questions.  What I was attempting to have clarified was the part about how many installations are allowed with one registration key.  I could not find where that was specified or how I could even ask. But, you answered it clearly and completely.  Thank you.  I am now running Premiere Elements 10 on two computers with Windows 7 Professional and all is OK. 

I tried going online to the Adobe site to leave this response, but I find it to be such a tangled trapeze act nearly impossible to navigate.  Anyway, I hope this reaches you and that you get the credit you deserve from Adobe.

Thanks again.

Louis De Grandis (aka LouEDG)

What must I do to be able to install my Premiere Elements 10 on more than one computer?

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

LouEDG

Premiere Elements 10 on what computer? Do all the computers involved have the same operating system? And, what type of installation materials do you have - installation files or installation discs?

The Adobe license says that you are allowed the same purchased activated serial number on no more than two of your computers. And, you are not supposed to run the two at the same time.

Deactivating is not the same as uninstall. Our focus here is Deactivate. You Deactivate Premiere Elements 10 by going to the Timeline workspace/Help Menu/Deactivate and click on Deactivate and wait for the confirmation that the Deactivation has taken place. At that point, you can uninstall Premiere Elements 10 or not.

Activating a second installation on a second computer should not deactivate the first installation on the first computer. Remember, Activation, Deactivation vs Install, Uninstall are not the same thing.

Also note, you cannot run an installed deactivated program.

Please let me know if that is clear. If you need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8159205#8159205 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8159205#8159205

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: What must I do to be able to install my Premiere Elements 10 on more than one computer?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Louis De Grandis (aka LouEDG)

Always great to get good news. Great job getting Premiere Elements installed on your computers.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions about your Premiere Elements workflows. Always glad to be of assistance. I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way. I am a visitor who comes on my own to troubleshoot and share Premiere Elements information. My reward is in knowing that you are moving forward in your video editing projects. Your progress is sounding good.

Best wishes

ATR