3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2015 7:07 PM by wobertc

How do I save what I did to an image with an adjustment brush as a preset for later?

cnikkit

I have saved the settings but I want to save it as a legit normal preset. I did snow and I want to be able to apply it to other images as a whole instead of just as a brush setting. Its annoying not being able to do it. I can copy it from one to another but I don't want to loose what I did if I accidentally delete the images that I have already done the snow too. I want that as a preset, NOT as a brush preset.

• 1. Re: How do I save what I did to an image with an adjustment brush as a preset for later?
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi cnikkit,

Please check the below help article for the same.

Saving Time with Local Adjustment Presets

EffectDropDown.jpg

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

~Mohit

• 2. Re: How do I save what I did to an image with an adjustment brush as a preset for later?
            elie-d Level 4

"I want that as a preset, NOT as a brush preset."

That makes no sense. A brushed-in local adjustment is applied to a specific, restricted and usually irregularly shaped area within the picture. Once applied it can't be moved. If it were included in a general Develop preset, how could you assume that in any future photo the placement would be appropriate? Graduated and Radical filters can be in a general preset (as well as having their own local adjustments preset) because they can be dragged to a new location if their placement does not fit the photo, but this cannot be done with a brushed adjustment. So save the settings you have now in the brush panel as a brush preset, then on another photo open a Radial Filter and apply the brush preset to it (it will appear in the presets list for the Rad Filter also). If you want the effect to cover the entire image area, invert the mask and expand the circle until its boundaries are outside the image.  Afterwards make a new Develop Preset that has the Rad Filter box ticked.

• 3. Re: How do I save what I did to an image with an adjustment brush as a preset for later?
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

I see two choices for the OPs question-

1. Save as a brush preset (I know this is NOT what you asked, but read on!) . And use the GRADIENT filter to apply the preset across the entire image. ie. Drag the gradient cursor totally across the image, starting with the cursor outside the edge of the image. and repeat to double the effect!

2. Make a note of all the slider settings for the Brush settings, Apply the same slider settings in Develop (without a brush active), make a regular (global) preset.

Everything you do in a brush is available somewhere in the develop panels.