I am using the Paint tool to reveal layers one at a time (like a stencil). One layer works great and the others don't, although they appear to be built exactly the same way.
- I selected the paint tool and double-clicked on the layer to paint.
- I painted to cover the surface.
- When I preview , I see a black square being painted (the size of the layer).
- I checked the "Adjustment Layer" box to mask the layer.
- In one instance, the layer is revealed exactly as intended.
- In another instance, only part of the brushstroke is visible.
- On the other layers, nothing is visible.
Any suggestions on where to look or alternate way of getting the same result?
You could animate a mask to do the same thing.
Thanks. I ended up changing my layers to white in multiply mode (so they're invisible until painted) and used the Set Matte effect on alpha channel.
I'm sure there are other ways, but this worked.