7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 6:45 AM by A.T. Romano

installed pse 14 and premier on new computer, new software,

loreenl11694405

getting repeated error message about "restarting" have restarted, tried troubleshooting, a nd still not working. zfiles extract fine until finished, then error message occurs

• 1. Re: installed pse 14 and premier on new computer, new software,
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What operating system are you running?

Are you working from an installation disc or from a download? If a download, did you extract the Zip file before you installed?

If this is a Windows computer, have you run Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter to clean up all the junk files that installation creates?

• 2. Re: installed pse 14 and premier on new computer, new software,
            A.T. Romano Level 7

loreenl

Which one of the programs, Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements, is giving you installation problems? Since this is the Premiere Elements Forum, let us first get that one working here.

Because of the timing in your details, I am suspecting.....

After extraction and before install are you getting a message which is asking you to click Ignore or Stop due to another process pending? I do not have the exact wording at hand at this moment. What is the exact wording of the message that you are getting? If I am referring to the one you are seeing, then just click Ignore and move on to the installation. I have run into that message numerous times and have never figured out its reason for being. It never made a difference in the many installs I have done.

The answers will be in the details. And more details to come if the above does not target the installation stage where your problem presents.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: installed pse 14 and premier on new computer, new software,
              loreenl11694405 Level 1

Hi and thank you

I am running a brand new Windows 10 HP 64 bit

I have extracted zip files and then error message appears, however, I received this error message tonight

instead of previous one

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

ERROR: This installer does not support installation on a 64-Bit Windows operating system. Please download the 64-Bit version of Photoshop Elements.

ERROR: System check returned with error : 6

this was a purchase in download form, not CD, and I had no problems obtaining serial numbers

• 4. Re: installed pse 14 and premier on new computer, new software,
                A.T. Romano Level 7

loreenl

Did you download the purchased installation files from Adobe? If so, did you download the installation files for 32 bit or 64 bit? Sounds like you might have downloaded the wrong set.

If you have the purchased serial number, then clear the computer of any trace of Premiere Elements 14 and start again with download and install of Premiere Elements 14 from

Other downloads

and insert your purchased serial number according to the instructions.

But, before you do,

Make sure that you have QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on your Windows 10 64 bit computer and that you are running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges).

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

My understanding is that Error Code 6 and 7 are commonly associated with installation error, but the code does not necessarily give more information.

Based on what you have just written, I think that the above should sort out the issue. But, the answers will be in the details and results.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: installed pse 14 and premier on new computer, new software,
                  loreenl11694405 Level 1

Thank you so much!

Downloading quik pro

Worked!

Sent from my iPhone

• 6. Re: installed pse 14 and premier on new computer, new software,
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Glad we could help. Please mark this question as answered.

• 7. Re: installed pse 14 and premier on new computer, new software,
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

loreenl

Referring to your post 5....

Thanks for the follow up with great news of your success.

Glad that my suggestion of the QuickTime download and installed resolved your problem.

Did you use QuickTime Pro or QuickTime 7 (the 7.7.6 version)?

Whatever the case, great news, great job.

Best wishes

ATR