2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2015 10:00 PM by Leslie3c

How do you change the edit program under preferences in LR 6?

Leslie3c

LR 6 automatically set my edit to PS CS 4 instead of my most current version of PS CS 5.1.  Under preferences In the drop down menu for alternate programs 5.1 is not even listed, yet every plug in I have is...how can I change it so that PS 5.1 is my default edit? Thanks for  any help

• 1. Re: How do you change the edit program under preferences in LR 6?
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Lesliec,

You can reinstall the Photoshop CS5.1 on your system

Restart the Machine

Open Lightroom and check if it detects the latest version of Photoshop.

Now if in case its still the same

Remove the Old Photoshop first

Reinstall the Photoshop CS5.1

Restart the Machine

And check the Lightroom

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

~Mohit

• 2. Re: How do you change the edit program under preferences in LR 6?
            Leslie3c Level 1

Thank you....I realize I can do all this which would mean uninstalling all my plug-ins associated with 5.1 and then re-installing them (same for PS 4).   I also do not wish to remove PS 4 as it has plugins that will work only with 8 bit which I still use on occasion.

I also should have mentioned that I am working on Windows 10 which makes me a bit apprehensive about un-installing some plug-ins (both 5.1 &4).  I have spent quite a bit of time getting my drivers updated for Windows 10.  It seems to me that it might be more prudent to un-install Lr 6 and then do a new Install...but I also wonder why it would not recognize 5.1...seems a lot of installing/uninstalling just to find out that it won't recognize 5.1.  I appreciate the advice but will have to put some more thought into it...IMO Lr 6

should give me an option to select an editing program.

Thanks again for allowing me to think out loud and for your response.

Leslie