4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2006 3:24 AM by RemyR

Contact us Form

Missnana2004
      This is the fla. actionscript of my form: and below I have the php that goes with it. Can you please tell me where did I go wrong?

fla.file
        • 1. Re: Contact us Form
          arunbe Level 1
          tell me whatz your problem... !
          • 2. Re: Contact us Form
            ccraj
            Hey I think you had taken this code from layougalaxy.com i am the flash devloper over there

Is there php and apache installed on your server

• 3. Re: Contact us Form
              Missnana2004 Level 1
              yes thats where I got it. It had an error in the actionscript. I finally fixed it, I receive it now BUT ONLY WHEN I USE MY OWN EMAIL ADDRESS in the field. I am going insane. Can you pleaseeeeeeee tell me how can I fix this?
              • 4. Re: Contact us Form
                RemyR
                If it works when you put in your own address, then it's not in the actionscript, and its not exactly an error - its a security feature.

Replace the 'mail' line in your PHP code with:

mail("$to", "$subject","$matter","From: contact_form@my.com");

Replacing 'my.com' with your server's name. If that still doesn't work, this will:

mail("$to", "$subject","$matter","From: $to");

Or, to get really complicated, make an e-mail address on your server for 'contact_form' and try the first line again. It will still get sent to your e-mail, it'll just look like it's coming from 'contact_form@my.com'.
                Either way, you're changing the From address the e-mail comes from, so you can't use your e-mail's 'Reply' buttton to reply. You'll still get their e-mail address in your e-mail's body text, though, so if you want to reply, just copy/paste it from there.

PHP security sometimes doesn't let it's scripts send mail that says it's from a different server to prevent people from trying to spoof e-mails - like sending out e-mail that says it's from 'whitehouse.gov' or whatever.