1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2015 3:21 AM by Rick Gerard

AE CC15 crashes while motiontracking!!!

V4GmbH

Please, just anyone. Can you give me a reasonable answer and solution for my issue?

I just want to motiontrack my footage. Everytime I want to track, AE crashes. Tried this with two Macs. On both Macs it crashes.

Nobody from the support can give me an answer.

1st Mac:

iMac 2012

3,4 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

2nd Mac:

iMac 2010

2,93 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB

OS X 10.10.3 (14D136)

I motiontrack MXF files from a Sony PXW-FS7 with AE CC2015 (Version 13.5.0.347) via imported Premiere Sequence from CC2014.

Actually I need to coulor grade my footage too which I do in SpeedGrade.

But look how funny it is. If I grade with Premiere/SpeedGrade CC 2015 via dynamic link I would loose my correction after I switch between these two programs because of a bug in SpeedGrade CC15 that is not fixed yet, and Adobe support says, NOT to use it.

So I didn't have problems in any other area of working with AE CC15 linked with Premiere CC14 while I can work with SpeedGrade CC14.

The grading workflow with dynamic link with Premiere CC15 and SpeedGrade CC15 is not working, more it's a bug from the beginning of the release and nobody tells you.

Only after long researches you'll find such infromation.

In CC14 it does work. That's why I used Premiere CC14 and imported a CC14 sequence to AE CC15.

Unfortunately for me is that mxf files do open and are able to motion track.

It crashes when I try to motion track the Premiere sequence.

I track with pauses so if the tracker makes mistakes I can correct them. That's the moment of crashing. When I'm tracking the hole "scene" it does not automatically crash but it has also mistakes in it so that I have to correct the keyframes afterwards.

It's AGAIN a bug that I just cannot accept when I'm paying for it!...

Btw, sometimes AE does not import your sequence in your composition which is also a bug since the release of CC15 and isn't fixed since then!

• 1. Re: AE CC15 crashes while motiontracking!!!
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Seems like I have answered this before. Double post?  Your AE is not the latest version.

You say you just want to motion track and you are using Sony footage. I just completed using AE's tracker to Stabilize (not warp stabilize), track, and do corner pin track several shots using Sony footage imported with the appropriate Sony Utility for the footage. I had no problems with CC 2015 build 13.5.1.48 on a Mac running OS X 10.11.1 (reported as the latest update on my system). I did not use Dynamic link to import the files, but I did trim them to length inside AE using the Footage panel before making comps out of them and doing the tracking. I also warp stabilized a few of the clips and Camera Tracked three of the shots with no problems.

If after updating AE you still are having problems I would try tracking some footage in another format or try creating a DI (digital intermediate) of one of your clips using a production format or an image sequence and see if that will track. If updating AE did not fix the problem t would try using the appropriate Sony Utility to make the clips you are working with more compatible.

BTW, I got the footage from a client so I'm not sure what  utility they used but I found them here: Software for Sony Equipment