Do you used Windows or Macintosh?
- Close all applications.
- Choose Start > Run.
- In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
- Select the Adept key.
- Choose File > Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
- Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
- In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.
Thank so much for your time but I couldn't do what you suggested - I'm very computer illiterate so I did what somebody else suggested - uninstall ADE 4.5 and install a lower version , in this case 3.0. It is working really well so far. Thank so much for your time.