• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe digital editions 4.5 freezes at Verification during installation, why is this happening and what can I do about it? Mac Os x El Capitan.

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe digital editions 4.5 freezes at Verification during installation, why is this happening and what can I do about it? Mac Os x El Capitan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried with Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 and also no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you used a user with Admin-Rights for the installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue except I have Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you used a admin-user for the installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Yes. I am he only user of this computer and I checked to make sure I had admin privileges. I've never had this happen before. The only change I made was to install a new update for Adobe PDF Reader. Seems strange that it would have any connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try it with version 3.0: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I un installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software, then uninstalled the Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.

I then installed Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 and when I downloaded my library book it did not freeze the ADE software. But I still cannot access the book on either of my devices. I can open it on my computer.

When I open the ADE software I don't even see a place to register my devices. I'm not sure what is going on. I was able to borrow a library book a few months ago without any issues at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Digital Edition.

Connect the reader with your Device.

Then should the reader appear in Digital Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I’ve managed to get both of my devices to work now with the library download. It look a lot of online searching and trying of some different things. I will try to share some of them to hopefully help someone else in the future.

There were a few different issues that were preventing the library book from being accessible on the ereaders. I have two different ereaders and usually I would just read the library book on my Kobo but this time I wanted it on both devices because I wasn’t sure which one I was going to use. It’s been a while since I downloaded a library book to my Sony PRS-900. It took me a little digging to remind myself that I have to use the Sony Reader software. I had actually deleted it from my computer because I was using a program called Calibre. I thought having the Adobe Digital Edition software was good enough for the Sony. I’ve since found out online that ADE does not recognize the Sony ereader. After downloading the epub book to ADE, you have to import the file into the Sony Reader library and then it will be accessible on the Sony ereader. Problem solved for the Sony ereader!

Now, the Kobo ereader took some more searching. I still feel that downloading an update to the Adobe PDF Reader did something to my ADE software. I had used ADE in the summer to borrow a library book and everything was fine. After I installed the new PDF Reader, ADE would no longer recognize my Kobo ereader. So I uninstalled the ADE version that I had and installed the newer version of ADE (4.5). I still wouldn’t recognize my Kobo so I uninstalled it and went back to my old ADE version (2.0). I thought maybe I need to authorize my ereader again to make it visible to the ADE software so I deleted the folder on my ereader. It still would not recognize my Kobo. Then I had the brainstorm to reboot my Kobo and that worked! It was finally visible in ADE! I managed to get the library book on both devices! Not too bad for a senior!

Honestly, you need to have a degree in computer technology to use an ereader. I feel sorry for those people who are IT challenged.

Thanks for your help!

Shelley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was unable to get ADE to authorize my new Kobo ereader Touch 2.0 because it won't work with version 4.5. Trash that and install 3.0 and you will be able to download public library books in ePub docs and add them to your reading device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines