2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2015 4:51 PM by JJMack

Where do I save custom Photoshop Scripts on Windows 7?

lorne17 Level 1

Hello there,

I tried to google it but the entire first page of hits shows me where actions are saved.  I can't seem to find where photoshop scripts are saved?  .JSX Files.

Any ideas?

Also can I just copy them over from my Mac into Windows?  Or will the Script not work properly?

Thanks,

Lorne

• 1. Re: Where do I save custom Photoshop Scripts on Windows 7?
          Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In the Photoshop subfolder: Presets\Scripts.

• 2. Re: Where do I save custom Photoshop Scripts on Windows 7?
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You should save the outside of and Adobe Folder so you know where they are.  If you want them listed in Photoshop menu File>Scripts>Script Name.  You have two Choices.  Beside saving them in you own folder also copy them into each version of Photoshop you have installed Presets\Scripts folder.   The Second way would be instead of copying them into Adobe scripts folders link  Adobe scripts folders to your scripts folder.

I have 7 versions of Photoshop installed on my workstation.  All seven of Photshop's Scripts folders are linked to my Scripts folder. All seven share a single copy of my scripts. It also make installing the next Photoshop version easier to do.

Most Javascript Photoshop will run on both Windows and Mac.  However the are some system differences and some script may need to test which system is running and use code for that OS.  Mac and Windows mat also use extensions the other does not. For example Windows use the .jpg extension beside jpeg for Jpeg image files. Mac also uses .jpe.