9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 6:41 PM by JimHess

Application or license ?

pascalep77796242

Hello, i saw that to use Lightroom on Android tablet, we must subscribe the Cloud LR formule per month is 11,99€ and pay for one year, so 143,88€ per year. But the license of LR is about 130€, but we can't use the license on the Android licence. So if what i just said is right, the licence with classic laptop is cheaper that using with Android tablet ?... Thank you for your reply !

• 1. Re: Application or license ?
          dj_paige Level 9

You can subscribe to Lightroom CC, which gives you Lightroom, Photoshop and the mobile application

Or you can purchase Lightroom 6, which gives you Lightroom 6 ONLY (and it doesn't have the Dehaze feature)

• 2. Re: Application or license ?
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom for Android is Lightroom Mobile. To be able to use Lightroom Mobile access is needed to the creative cloud. And that is only available through the subscription plan. If you just want to pay the one price for the program you will not have access to Lightroom Mobile (the part that is available for Android).

• 3. Re: Application or license ?
              pascalep77796242 Level 1

Thanks for your reply. But finally it's cheaper to have the license regarding the LR CC. Cause more at the end of the subscription, there is no Lightroom anymore in the computer if i understood ? So i don't see the value of LR CC... accept some additional features with LR CC (but that I don't need).

And more can i have Lightroom on others tablets than Android or Ios ?

• 4. Re: Application or license ?
                pascalep77796242 Level 1

Thanks for your reply. But finally it's cheaper to have the license regarding the LR CC. Cause more at the end of the subscription, there is no Lightroom anymore in the computer if i understood ? So i don't see the value of LR CC... accept some additional features with LR CC (but that I don't need).

And more can i have Lightroom on others tablets than Android or Ios ?

• 5. Re: Application or license ?
                  dj_paige Level 9

When the LR CC subscription expires, Lightroom remains on your computer, and all of your work is still available to you. The Develop Module will not work, so you cannot do additional edits and the Map module will not work.

Lightroom mobile is for Android and iOS only.

• 6. Re: Application or license ?
                    pascalep77796242 Level 1

It means that i keep LR CC on my computer but i can't work anymore with Lightroom to make treatments on my pictures ?... Or I can't just use anymore Develop Module ?

• 7. Re: Application or license ?
                      ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

With the Photography Plan You get both Lightroom and Photoshop for $10/month.  If you never use Photoshop and never use Dehaze in LR CC then you might be better off with LR 6 licensed by a serial number.  Be aware that you still have to sign in to LR/CC-app to verify you're only using two copies of LR even if it's not licensed and paid for by a CC subscription.

• 8. Re: Application or license ?
                        ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

When your subscription expires, the Library module will still work so that you can view your old edits and export your old edits.

The Develop module will not work, so you will not be able to make any new edits.

• 9. Re: Application or license ?
                          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

So you have to make a choice. Subscribing to the creative cloud isn't something that you just do for a year and then it's over. If you're going to use the creative cloud then you make a commitment that you are going to continue to work that way. You get the latest Lightroom, more frequent updates, the latest Photoshop, and everything is kept current. If that isn't worth $10/month then  purchase Lightroom 6. You will receive no feature updates. And in about 18 months or less there will be another version for you to purchase if you want to keep current. Yes, the creative cloud subscription is a little more expensive. But if you want to keep current with Lightroom you're going to have additional purchases to make every so often. The choice is yours. Personally, I think the creative cloud is an excellent value.