• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't the last ppt slide audio in Captivate 8 project not play?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a project using Captivate 8 importing a power point presentation and then recording to each slide. Everything turned out great except the last slide, the audio won't play.

I tried redoing it and playing with several different settings. Any ideas what I might try next?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Thank you BDuckWorks and Lilybiri for your replies.  I did more research on Captivate 8 and apparently it is know that there are issues with importing ppt's.

The solution I went with was to copy my content from my ppt to Captivate's theme content builder, then I had to insert my audio from my first project that had the ppt's. t worked.

I won't be importing ppt's into Captivate anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things to try:

Add a new blank slide in the Cp project, you can set the action to the slide with audio troubles to Exit (the course) on Exit (of the slide). I didn't realize how redundant that was, until now!

Alternatively, you can add a blank slide to the PPT file, but I think adding it to Cp will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you leave some space after the audio clip and before? Try to avoid audio clips that start at the first frame of a slide and end at the last frame.

Is it a blank or a responsive project? How did you test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you BDuckWorks and Lilybiri for your replies.  I did more research on Captivate 8 and apparently it is know that there are issues with importing ppt's.

The solution I went with was to copy my content from my ppt to Captivate's theme content builder, then I had to insert my audio from my first project that had the ppt's. t worked.

I won't be importing ppt's into Captivate anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources