5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2015 6:09 PM by A.T. Romano

unable to burn Blu Ray disc

doo4usc

help me burn a Blu Ray disc

• 1. Re: unable to burn Blu Ray disc
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

We're certainly going to need a lot more information that that, doo4.

Which version of the program are you using and on what operating system?

Which model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is the video?

What have you tried to do and what is not working?

• 2. Re: unable to burn Blu Ray disc
            doo4usc Level 1

I add an .mp4 from my Canon 7DMK2, Elements 14, windows 10.

Add Media

choose Quick or Expert

Next I choose Export and Share

I choose Blu Ray

Then Burn

It show Burn in Progress..

Finally Burning to ISO.

I take out disc and try to play it looks like disc is empty.

• 3. Re: unable to burn Blu Ray disc
              A.T. Romano Level 7

doo4use

There could be a fundamental misunderstanding in the burn to options. If you select burn to ISO Image, the product is an .iso file that is saved to the computer hard drive location that you designated in the Save In field. There is no burn to disc involved. So no expectations to find anything on a disc inserted into the Blu-ray DVD burner after the burn to is completed. If you want to burn your Timeline to Blu-ray format on Blu-ray disc, then you insert your Blu-ray disc into the Blu-ray DVD/CD burner and select Type = disc in Expert & Share/Disc/Blu-ray.

Other considerations include:

What video card/graphics card does your computer use?

If your computer does not use an Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer video card/graphics card, please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and remove the check mark next to the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer). Then do the burn to Blu-ray disc.

Please consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: unable to burn Blu Ray disc
                doo4usc Level 1

It now works like a charm!!! I had to select "Disc", THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!

• 5. Re: unable to burn Blu Ray disc
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

doo4usc

Great news.

Premiere Elements 14 version has a new sharing area, and that Expert & Share/Disc/Blu-ray has the default type as ISO Image. So it very easy to have that setting at ISO Image instead of disc. I have been there and done that already and had to redo.

Thank for the valuable troubleshooting information that you supplied.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows.

Best wishes.

ATR