4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2017 8:30 AM by phil1972

Sync between two computers

hbissell Level 1

is it possible to sync between a laptop and a desktop the same way as between a desktop and a mobile device (eg. iPad)? Is so, how?

• 1. Re: Sync between two computers
          Pattie-F Level 7

You might want to take a look at this link: Sync or upload files

To open the Creative Cloud Files directory from Creative Cloud desktop app, select Assets > Files and click Open Folder.

To sync files from your computer, do one of the following:

• Copy, paste, or move files to the Creative Cloud Files directory on your desktop.
          • In an app, choose File > Save or File > Save As and navigate to the Creative Cloud Files directory.

Your Adobe Creative Cloud account comes with online storage so that your files are available to you anywhere and on any device or computer. You can preview many creative file types directly in a web browser on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. These file types include: PSD, AI, INDD, JPG, PDF, GIF, PNG, Photoshop Touch, Ideas, and others.

Adobe Creative Cloud for desktop keeps all the files in sync. Any additions, modifications, or deletions are reflected on all connected computers and devices. For example, if you upload an .ai file using the Creative Cloud Assets page, it is automatically downloaded on all connected computers.

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sync between two computers
            hbissell Level 1

Thanks Pattie, that really helps.

• 3. Re: Sync between two computers
              Pattie-F Level 7

You are very welcome!

• 4. Re: Sync between two computers
                phil1972 Level 1

The information you shared to this question is helpful, to a degree. I'm new to Lightroom CC. I think I've followed the instructions above. But on my Macbook I have 25 files in the Creative Cloud assets folder. On my Mac desktop I have 15 files in the Creative Cloud Assets folder.

Also, when I change files in one location, those changes don't show up in Lightroom on the other computer.

Is there a way to sync files and the changes made in Lightroom on one computer and have those changes show up in Lightroom on the other computer.

I must be missing a step yet.

Thanks for any help