2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2006 11:47 AM by davidmedifit

General understanding question?

Hi,

Perhaps someone here can help, as Adobe doesn't believe in professional phone support for prospective sales!

I run a small flash shop and deal with a few clients that use websphere portal. As such, I thought Flex 2 might be a nice way to intergrate some applications. So my questions are:

#1 - Would my clients need to purchase something if I create a "flex" portlet? if yes, what?

#2 - Can anyone recommend a GOOD company or person to migrate applications to portlets in the NYC metro area?

Thanks!

S
        • 1. Re: General understanding question?
          Level 1
          (1) - Your clients would need to purchase FDS (Flex Data Services) to be able to interact Websphere with Flex.

(2) The only folks I know that can help are either in Tucson, AZ or San Clemente CA. So, if you get desperate, send me a private message and I'll hook you up.

--Andy
          • 2. Re: General understanding question?
            davidmedifit Level 1
            S, it kind of depends on what you want to do. Flex applications (large and small) deploy as flash files, so I assume they could be included in a webSphere

More Specifically:

1) Flex "talks" to back end data via Web Services and / or java objects - this is something I am sure WebSphere can handle (although I am no expert). FDS is required if you want your Flex app to interact with back end data in real time - If that's something you need, it is available for free, at entry level.

2) I would drop an email to Shlomy Gantz, the owner or Blue Brick ( http://www.bluebrick.com/) and manager of the NYC Flex group. If he can't do it, I'm sure he knows someone that can. Drop me a line at domalley AT medifit.com, or reply here if you need more help/information.

Cheers,

David