3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 8:25 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier 13 does not recognize my dvd drive since Windows 10 upgrade.  Has anyone had this experience? If so, did you find a solution?

pdeni4206

Since my upgrade to Windows 10, I am unable to burn DVD discs.  Premier 13 does not detect the DVD drive.  Has anyone had this experience?  If so, did you find a solution?

• 1. Re: Premier 13 does not recognize my dvd drive since Windows 10 upgrade.  Has anyone had this experience? If so, did you find a solution?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

pdeni4206

I have installed Premiere Elements versions on two computers with Windows 10 64 bit operating systems, and my impression continues to be that Premiere Elements problems are the same before and after upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit. In either case, no burner recognition issues with Premiere Elements 10 through 14.

Many have found that a good first step in solving this difficult problem is an uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled. CCleaner - Download

What version of QuickTime do you have installed on Windows 10 64 bit? Please install QuickTime 7.7.6 if it is not already installed.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1822?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Apple has a problem with QuickTime 7.7.8 (latest version) and Windows 10 64 bit. The suggested QuickTime 7.7.6 will meet the Premiere Elements requirement for QuickTime 7 latest version install even though it is not actually the latest version.

Please consider, and then let us know if any of the above worked for you. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier 13 does not recognize my dvd drive since Windows 10 upgrade.  Has anyone had this experience? If so, did you find a solution?
            pdeni4206 Level 1

Thanks AT. for your response to my query. I tried your suggestion to clean with ccleaner and install QuickTime 7.7.6 (I had 7.7.8 running on my Window 10 64bit operating system), however, I still have the same problem.  Not only does Premier 13 not recognize my DVD burner, neither does my Roxio 2010 Creator authoring software.  It would seem Windows 10 created this problem.  Any other thoughts?

pdeni

• 3. Re: Premier 13 does not recognize my dvd drive since Windows 10 upgrade.  Has anyone had this experience? If so, did you find a solution?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

pdeni

Does Windows 10 64 bit recognize your burner as a drive? Is the burn internal or external type?

Did you obtain Windows 10 64 bit as a pre-install for a new computer or did you upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit, either from Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Testing the burn to function of a bunch of Premiere Elements versions on Windows 10 64 bit was at the top of my list after I upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit. No problems run into in that regard.

Please work through the possibility of competition between burn softwares. What happens if you disable or uninstall the Roxio? Do you also have installed iTunes? What is affected - Export & Share/Disc/DVD and/or AVCHD? Can you do a successful burn to ISO Image (4.7 GB)?

How did you get QuickTime 7.7.8 to install on your Windows 10 64 bit? There has been an Apple problem with 7.7.8 on Windows 10 64 bit. That is why the recommendation for 7.7.6 until Apple works out it problems in this regard. My QuickTime on Windows 10 Home 64 bit will not go beyond QuickTime 7.7.6. My QuickTime on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit will not go beyond QuickTime 7.7.7.

ATR