3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 10:59 PM by Nanaky

Error message when authorizing ADE

loriw24

I was told when I contacted Customer Care that I needed to post my question on here: I have recently purchased a new laptop and have downloaded ADE onto the new computer so that I can read my ebooks on the new laptop. However, on the old laptop, ADE continuously says that I am not connected to the internet. The book publishers have told me that this is an issue with your program, and not with their books. Can you please tell me what I need to do in order to make sure I can read these ebooks on my new laptop?

Thank you very much for your help!

• 1. Re: Error message when authorizing ADE
          Nanaky Level 5

Which error message get you exactly when tray to authorize?
          Do you used Windows or Macintosh?

• 2. Re: Error message when authorizing ADE
            loriw24 Level 1

I am using Windows on both machines. I was getting an error message on the new computer that said E_LIC_ALREADY-FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER, so then I saw on one of your forums that I should try erasing the authorization in the ADE on the old computer and then re-authorizing. It allowed me to erase the authorization, but would not allow me to re-authorize (I kept getting a red error message that said I was not connected to the internet). THEN, I read on your forums that this sometimes happens with ADE 4.5, and the suggestion was to uninstall and then install 4.0 on the old computer, so I did THAT. And I'm STILL getting the same error message on the old computer (that I'm not connected to the internet, AND I can't even READ any of the books that I already have on there. So, now I can't read the books on EITHER computer.

-

• 3. Re: Error message when authorizing ADE
              Nanaky Level 5

FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER say that you has your Device authorize with a other Adobe ID as you buy the eBook. So you must remove the Authorize and authorize again with the Adobe ID which has used by the first download:

1. Close all applications.
              2. Choose Start > Run.
              3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
              4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
              5. Select the Adept key.
              6. Choose File > Export.
              7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
              8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
              9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
              10. Close the Registry Editor.
              11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.