Which error message get you exactly when tray to authorize?
Do you used Windows or Macintosh?
I am using Windows on both machines. I was getting an error message on the new computer that said E_LIC_ALREADY-FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER, so then I saw on one of your forums that I should try erasing the authorization in the ADE on the old computer and then re-authorizing. It allowed me to erase the authorization, but would not allow me to re-authorize (I kept getting a red error message that said I was not connected to the internet). THEN, I read on your forums that this sometimes happens with ADE 4.5, and the suggestion was to uninstall and then install 4.0 on the old computer, so I did THAT. And I'm STILL getting the same error message on the old computer (that I'm not connected to the internet, AND I can't even READ any of the books that I already have on there. So, now I can't read the books on EITHER computer.
FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER say that you has your Device authorize with a other Adobe ID as you buy the eBook. So you must remove the Authorize and authorize again with the Adobe ID which has used by the first download:
- Close all applications.
- Choose Start > Run.
- In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
- Select the Adept key.
- Choose File > Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
- Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
- In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.