2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2009 8:35 AM by bmilesp

adding drag and drop functionality to a hbox with a repeater?

bmilesp Level 1
      hello,

I've been searching on how to add drag and drop functionality to an hbox. You're probably thinking "just use a tilelist", and that's what i'm currently using, but the tilelist cannot align items to the center, which is crucial in my application (if you need me to explain further i will, but i don't think it's relevant here).

So i need drag and drop on an Hbox. The repeater is necessary because the hbox may need to be populated with items initially, which can later be dragged and dropped either in itself (to re-arrange items) or into another hbox of this kind. For the past few hours I've been trying to find anything that can even hint at this type of functionality (i've been searching and experimenting for hours). If anyone can point me in the right direction, i'd appreciate it. Thank you very much. -b
        • 1. Re: adding drag and drop functionality to a hbox with a repeater?
          Level 7

"bmilesp" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gnd5c7$jas$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > hello,
          >
          > I've been searching on how to add drag and drop functionality to an hbox.
          > You're probably thinking "just use a tilelist", and that's what i'm
          > currently
          > using, but the tilelist cannot align items to the center, which is crucial
          > in
          > my application (if you need me to explain further i will, but i don't
          > think
          > it's relevant here).

Sure it can.

> So i need drag and drop on an Hbox. The repeater is necessary because the
          > hbox
          > may need to be populated with items initially, which can later be dragged
          > and
          > dropped either in itself (to re-arrange items) or into another hbox of
          > this
          > kind. For the past few hours I've been trying to find anything that can
          > even
          > hint at this type of functionality (i've been searching and experimenting
          > for
          > hours). If anyone can point me in the right direction, i'd appreciate it.
          > Thank
          > you very much. -b

http://www.quilix.com/node/3

• 2. adding drag and drop functionality to a hbox with a repeater?
            bmilesp Level 1
            well done!

Is there a way to also add multi-select and sorting capabilities relatively quickly? I was looking into it and adding these features seems to be a lengthly coding adventure.

Thank you -b