10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2015 1:04 AM by Nicolas Ribot

Adobe plans

martam53234070

Hi!! I was wondering if there is some plan where I can pay just for a month and not for six or 12 months. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Adobe plans
          Nicolas Ribot Adobe Employee

Hi Marta,

It is possible to subscribe on a month to month basis.

When ordering you need to select 'Monthly Plan', it will be renewed automatically on a monthly basis however you are free to cancel at any time.

Please see our plans on:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks and regards

Nicolas

• 2. Re: Adobe plans
            carmendrag373

Hi Nicolas,

I would also like to ask you a question, since I have been trying to contact Adobe, but their chat has been closed for several days now.

I was interested in purchasing Adobe Illustrator monthly, so I chose the monthly subscription, to be able to use it only for one month at a time, whenever I have a suitable project.

In order for my subscription not to update automatically for the second month, too, I had to cancel it before the end of the first month.

So my first invoice was issued September 11th, 2015. I interrupted this subscription before October 10th, in order not to receive the second invoice.

Then I got a new project on October 20th, 2015, so I subscribed again and got the invoice on October 20th.

So I expected to get the next invoice on November 20th, one month after I started that monthly subscription.

Instead, I got an invoice on November 11th, and this makes no sense to me.

I have sent Adobe a reply e-mail to their e-mail containing the invoice, since chat has been closed, but I got no answer.

Would you be so kind to help me with this?

Thanking you in advance,

Carmen

carmendrag373@yahoo.com

• 3. Re: Adobe plans

Hi Carmen,

The subscription under order AD006105324NL placed on 11th September 2015 has been reactivated when you subscribed under the same Adobe ID.

on 20th October you were charged €21.61 since it wasn't a full month and then on 11th November you were charged the full monthly price of €29.99.

Thanks

Nicolas

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Adobe plans
                carmendrag373 Level 1

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply, but I still find it confusing, sorry.

As far as I know, the monthly plan always involves paying for a full month, not parts of it. And in order to avoid being charged for the second month, I have to cancel the plan before the end of the first month, is this correct?

Therefore I don't understand what I had paid for:

- the invoice I paid on September 11th, 2015, should have covered one month of subscription starting with that date. If i hadn't had cancelled it before October 11th, then my subscription would have been automatically prologed until November 11th. I only want the subscription for one month, starting September 11th, and ending October 20th.

- than I wanted another month of subscription, starting October 20th valid until November 20th, and still I have already received yet another invoice earlier than planned, on November 11th.

As far as I understood, the monthly plan means paying for each month separately, and one month at a time. And if you don't cancel the plan before the end of the first month, then you are automatically charged for the second full month, too. And the reactivation should be considered for one month, being the monthly plan, not parts of a month.

Do you see my point? Am I missing something?

Please be so kind to explain it further.

Thanking you in advance,

Carmen

carmendrag373@yahoo.com

• 5. Re: Adobe plans
                  carmendrag373 Level 1

Hi Nicolas,

My above message  contains an error, please consider this one:

Thank you for your reply, but I still find it confusing, sorry.

As far as I know, the monthly plan always involves paying for a full month, not parts of it. And in order to avoid being charged for the second month, I have to cancel the plan before the end of the first month, is this correct?

Therefore I don't understand what I had paid for:

- the invoice I paid on September 11th, 2015, should have covered one month of subscription starting with that date. If i hadn't had cancelled it before October 11th, then my subscription would have been automatically prologed until November 11th. I only want the subscription for one month, starting September 11th, and ending October 11th.

- than I wanted another month of subscription, starting October 20th valid until November 20th, and still I have already received yet another invoice earlier than planned, on November 11th.

As far as I understood, the monthly plan means paying for each month separately, and one month at a time. And if you don't cancel the plan before the end of the first month, then you are automatically charged for the second full month, too. And the reactivation should be considered for one month, being the monthly plan, not parts of a month.

Do you see my point? Am I missing something?

Please be so kind to explain it further.

Thanking you in advance,

Carmen

carmendrag373@yahoo.com

• 6. Re: Adobe plans

Hi Carmen,

I understand your concern and I'll investigate further with the Subscription team for confirmation.

I will get back to you as soon as hear back.

Many thanks

Regards

Nicolas

• 7. Re: Adobe plans
                      carmendrag373 Level 1

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you very much for your answer.

To sum up my previous long messages:

I just need to know if a real monthly subscription is possible, so if I would be allowed to pay for one month at a time, instead of being forced to pay for almost two months at a time. I would also want to know if it would be possible for me to decide when that month begins.

Kind regards,

Carmen

carmendrag373@yahoo.com

• 8. Re: Adobe plans

Hi Carmen,

I have heard back from the subscription team, please see below:

You have purchased the order on 11th Sept and cancelled on 10th Oct, so you were not charged for period 11th Oct – 11th Nov.

You reactivated the subscription on 20th Oct, at this point the billing period remains the same even after reactivation; which means you got charged for the 20th Oct – 11th Nov (21.61 EUR) and again on 11th Nov you got charged for period 11th Nov – 10th Dec (29.99 EUR).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Nicolas

• 9. Re: Adobe plans
                          carmendrag373 Level 1

Hi Nicolas,

I appreciate your help, but the subscription team's answer is robotic and ignores the real issue, which is: monthly subscription is not possible, it is in fact a concealed annual subscription forcing me to pay for more than one month at a time.

I still don't understand why does the billing period remain the same, but I suppose that there is no other option, or this is the way it is in fact intended, for people to be tricked into paying more.

Kind regards,

Carmen

carmendrag373@yahoo.com

• 10. Re: Adobe plans

Hi Carmen,

Sorry to hear our procedure does not satisfy your need.

As per my previous message, it describes the month to month subscription billing procedure and cannot be amended.

The only alternative would be to sign up with a different Adobe ID (email address) every time you want to sign up for a month and then cancel before it renews.

Regards

Nicolas