6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2015 5:49 AM by A.T. Romano

Screen Problems

hansgruenwald

I still use Premiere Elements 7 with Windows 7. The latest challenge is that after loading the project I am working on, but also opening a new project the program opens with The "Full Screen" display which subsequently cannot be exited to Timeline/Scenes but can only be exited by completely closing down. Which steps can I take to change the screen?

• 1. Re: Screen Problems
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hansgruenwald

Please explain your question.

What do you mean by "Full Screen" display....

If I open a new Premiere Elements 7 project, I see this

PE7.JPG

What do you see that is different type?

If I drag one of the files to the Timeline Video Track, then save close reopen the project, I see

Capture.JPG

What do you see that is different type?

Can you post a screenshot of what you are getting and indicate what you want to see instead?

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Screen Problems
            hansgruenwald Level 1

Txs for interest!

The screenshot you show is what I want to get to. Instead the program opens with the display you get when you click "Full Screen" - upper bar on the right hand - which before I used only when I wanted to watch a clip or part of the edited video on full screen. This "secondary" display I get now when opening the program and I cannot get back to the Timeline screen. That's my problem how to get back to the first screen which you have shown.

• 3. Re: Screen Problems
              A.T. Romano Level 7

hansgruenwald

Thanks for the reply with further troubleshooting information.

Under the circumstances, I think that the first step should be deleting the Premiere Elements 7 Settings file (preference file).

I would prefer to avoid an uninstall/reinstall since I am not sure if we would run into a reinstall issue and MPEG2 activation issue.

To find and delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

With Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 7 64 bit closed....

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 7.0 folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 7.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits. Please do not hesitate to ask questions as you move through the troubleshooting.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Please check your Windows Theme...if it is one of the Windows High Contrast types, then please change to the Windows default for the purpose of the troubleshooting.

• 4. Re: Screen Problems
                hansgruenwald Level 1

Thank you! Will do and come back. Hans

• 5. Re: Screen Problems
                  hansgruenwald Level 1

ATR,

Thank you once more for your interest and assistance.

Meanwhile I have found a solution to my problem. I did not follow your suggestion as I was a bit worried about deleting certain elements. (Due to various moves I do not have any longer the discs necessary to re install the program in case that would have become necessary.) Consequently I went again over all available menu items.

On this blocked display "Full Screen" on the menu bar in the upper right corner is the heading "Window". The first item on this menu is "Restore Workspace". A simple click there did the trick! The display changed to the input screen.

I am happy now.

Thank you very much for your patience and help,

Hans

• 6. Re: Screen Problems
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Hans

Very great troubleshooting. Wonderful news of your success with Window Menu/Restore Workspace.

If you ever have to uninstall reinstall Premiere Elements (in general), there are online downloads available into which to insert your purchased serial number.

But, I have not seen those downloads for Premiere Elements 7. This is what you usually find under Adobe Other downloads

Other downloads

Consequently, your way was the good way to resolve the issue.

Best wishes

ATR