1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 11:09 AM by Newsgroup_User

mx.charts.renderers.CircleItemRenderer

pdkn
      hi guys,

I'm new to the charting components. Can anyone help me match the circle color of a mx.charts.renderers.CircleItemRenderer to the lineStroke color of a LineSeries? i.e at the moment I have a lineChart with a black LineSeries and itemRenderer="mx.charts.renderers.CircleItemRenderer". however the color of the circle on a dataPoint seems to be random? (on rollover it goes the same color as line) I can't see any options to force the circle to be the same color as the line by default? anyone got any pointers?

code below, thanks paddy ;)
        • 1. Re: mx.charts.renderers.CircleItemRenderer
          Level 7

"darklump" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gqr49d$48d$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > hi guys,
          >
          > I'm new to the charting components. Can anyone help me match the circle
          > color
          > of a mx.charts.renderers.CircleItemRenderer to the lineStroke color of a
          > LineSeries? i.e at the moment I have a lineChart with a black LineSeries
          > and
          > itemRenderer="mx.charts.renderers.CircleItemRenderer". however the color
          > of the
          > circle on a dataPoint seems to be random? (on rollover it goes the same
          > color
          > as line) I can't see any options to force the circle to be the same color
          > as
          > the line by default? anyone got any pointers?

I've always found that the renderer _is_ the same color by default. I
          didn't see what is going on in your code that would change it, though.