• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dont Use BC if you plan on using email and moving to a new site in BC.

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avoid using BC if you use their email and move from an old BC site to a new one.  It takes days to be able to setup email accounts that were in the old account, in the new account (could be longer becasuse BC will not update me on what is going on)

When this happened 3 months ago, they told me it was becasuse they need OpenSRS to wipe the old email address off the main console that BC no longer has access to.

Now 3 months when I had to do this again.... same issue with BC ........ Now going on 3 days that this client has been without email.  All BC says is engineering is looking into.  3 days without email, and no concern at all from BC support

This is so frustrating.. that BC support will not work with you to resolve this simple issue.

TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend using other email services to most clients to prevent hassles like this. I personally recommend Google Apps as it is really good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynda,

Thanks for your reply, but that is not the point here.  I did use BC email....  (I appreciate your response and not trying to be wise --just so frustrating, especially dealing with BC Support)  It seems like that is always the answer to these problems.  BC Ecomm not good enough so use another system, BC email marketing not good so use something else... BC CRM not really good enough so use something else, BC Forums dont work at all use something else... ETC, ETC ETC...what is the point of having all these C- rated peices of BC if they cant be used.  I dont want to turn this into that discussion, I just want to know why BC Support who forwarded thgis simple request to Engineering was not able resolve such a simple request now going on 72+ hours....  and why this known bug in BC email of not being able to setup the same email addresses in  a new account has not been resolved in years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to update my initial message.  This issue seems to have a somewhat satifactory solution, but you need to stay on top of support and use a clearly worded paragraph.  BC Support can usually get the old email accounts working again properly in about 6 - 12 hours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you can,

move away from BC. (that what i was told too, exactly like that)

With all the bugs, poor support,  ticketing and escalating festivals.

And oh yeah, the vultures offering their help for hundreds of dollars

it will drain your workdays of its time.

For 2k ?

Worst mistake i ever made

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines