0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 7:57 PM by A.T. Romano

Changes in Premiere Elements 14 Automatic Project Preset Setting

A.T. Romano Level 7

From Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, 13/13.1, to 14, the program is designed so that the project sets the project preset automatically based on its analysis of the properties of the first file dragged to its Timeline.That is the way it is  But, 14 seems to be differing from the other 3 versions in what it is doing when it cannot analyze the first file dragged to the Timeline.

If 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1 could not analyze the first file dragged to the Timeline, it gave its default as the project preset, either NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080i30 or PAL AVCHD Full HD 1080i25. What version 14 seems to be doing instead is trying to give a "closest match" project preset instead of those defaults. Details of my observations on this can be found

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 14: Changes In Project's Automatic Project Preset Setting

The major consideration is to be aware of what the project preset is whether set automatically by the project or manually by the user.

See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General where you can verify the project settings although you can not make significant changes in them there.

Please consider, and let us know if you have observed the same.

Thank you.

ATR