Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed documentation generation stuck at "Processing Topics"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using RoboHelp 2015 and Word 2013 under Windows 8.1. When I try to generate a .doc file it stops at "Processing Topics" and never continues. Clicking Cancel doesn't help and I have to end task through the task manager. I saw a similar topic, and tried out all the solutions provided there but to no avail.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

The problem has been resolved. As it turned out, it was on Word's part, and to be more precise it was connected with printers. I had to delete all printers from my system to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with one of the samples that ships with Rh2015?

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did try the sample projects, as well as a newly created one-page project - all the same. I also set Word security settings to lowest, disabled anti-virus, tried creating .docx - nothing helped. I'm doing this all on a local machine.

I'm not really sure though, whether it is RH's or Word's problem... Everything worked alright until a certain point (which I am unable to identify). I think I'm going to try Word 2010 as well, and will post the results here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem has been resolved. As it turned out, it was on Word's part, and to be more precise it was connected with printers. I had to delete all printers from my system to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp