3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 7:10 AM by BobLevine

InDesign CS5.5 v7.5 on Win7 won't launch / open

dinsua

Had a colleague send me an InDesign file to take a look at. When I opened it, didn't know he was using IDCC and received an error message that my version on ID wasn't up to date and I either needed to update it or all of the plugins. I located the 7.5.3 patch-all and ran it. Now, if I open the file directly, regardless of my having set the file association, Windows errors out that it can't locate the correct application to open the file. If I try to open ID directly, I'll see the pointer with the circle spin for about 10 seconds and then nothing... not even the ID splash screen. But I do see that it's running when I look at the processes grid in Windows Task Manager.

NOTE: Because I was unable to locate any way of unpatching ID, I uninstalled, deleted any leftover directories and files, and reinstalled Master Suite. Same results with ID, though the apps in the suite I use most, Acrobat Pro, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop ( both ) opens and works as they should.

Any assistance, guidance or help would be greatly appreciated, as I am unsure how to proceed from here.