3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 10:49 AM by A.T. Romano

Are their known issues with narration in Premiere 13?

artatnwc

I am having a heck of a time trying get Narration to work right in Premiere 13

1. First it had to do with hear audio in my headsets when I narrated. The code is bad - If I want to mute audio the check box should work and the slider should stay put.

2. Then it clippeed off  some of my outpoint audio

3. Now I can't even hear recorded narration track at all!

I am discovering that Narration in Premiere 13 sucks.

What about this Adobe and Adobe community? Are their known issues and what is the fix for this?

• 1. Re: Are their known issues with narration in Premiere 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

artatnwc

This is not Adobe. Rather a user to user forum. Consequently there is no instantaneous reply. I as a visitor try to answer in a timely fashion each day and during each day.

Please do not duplicate thread. This can be confusing to you and to those trying to respond to your thread. One consequence is the loss of important information going from thread to thread. Moderator typically closes thread that is found to be duplicate such as is the case here.

I have responded to one of duplicates in the following

Are their known issues with narration in Premiere 13?

Please continue the posting there.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Are their known issues with narration in Premiere 13?
            artatnwc Level 1

Thanks for replying. Before seeing your reply, I did the following:

• I started a completely new project, suspecting that the old project was corrupted... which it was. I couldn't hear anything!
            • I then discovered that it was best to leave the recording panel open. slide the volume slider to the left and uncheck mute audio (obvious bad code)) and experienced the weird stopping without me hitting the stop button at all.
            • Then after receiving your reply, I did finally read Adobes Creating Narration document which explained how the recording and playback protocol was designed to be used.

Frankly, I prefer controlling my own Stop recording button. Any other way is frankly weird and personally frustrating. Finally, after using Adobe Premier Narration based how it was designed to be used my productivity greatly improved and I was able to get through to the end of project by recording a few sentences at a time, and my creating my project narration as a series of short clips . .

Thanks again for responding. I am now able to proceed with my project without so much frustration and not as much anger.

Art Johnson

• 3. Re: Are their known issues with narration in Premiere 13?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Art Johnson

Great news. Well done.

Please never hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification when you run into issues with the program and its projects.

We are glad for the opportunity to share with you what worked for us and/or from what we have read. We want you to succeed.

We are not Adobe. Rather user to user forum.

Best wishes

ATR