5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 10:27 AM by Stuart B

Share presets for 50 hz PAL progressive clips

Stuart B

I am currently using Premiere Elements 11 as my video editor and until recently I have been quite happy with it, but a problem has now arisen.

I sometimes shoot HD video on my Panasonic Lumix stills camera, and it records using 1920 x 1080 resolution at 50 frames per second progressive. When I have edited my video and want to create a video file for use on my PC, there appears to be no preset that enables me to render at 50 fps and 1920 x 1080.

So can I ask - do later versions of Premiere Elements provide a 50 fps progressive render preset, or do I have to consider a different video editing tool? Premiere Pro for example.

thanks in anticipation

• 1. Re: Share presets for 50 hz PAL progressive clips
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Stuart B

Yes you can export your 1920 x 1080 @ 50 progressive frames per second from Premiere Elements 11 as a 1920 x 1080 @ 50 progressive frames per second file.

One way....to obtain AVCHD (MP4 AVC/H.264).mp4 file with frame rate = 50 progressive frames per second

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p25

then, under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, customize the Video Tab setting to obtain MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p50

(Set the Level and Profile fields first and then the rest)

PE11AVCHD.JPG

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Share presets for 50 hz PAL progressive clips
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Stuart B

Add On to my post 1....even if you go to latest version (14), you will facing preset customization (in 14, Export & Share/Devices/Custom for a H.264.mp4 @ 50 progressive frames per second). So, at this time, I am not seeing advantage in going to a later version specific to this matter of export as 1080p50.

ATR

• 3. Re: Share presets for 50 hz PAL progressive clips
              Stuart B Level 1

Thanks for this swift response - and I can report back that it worked beautifully.

May I make a suggestion regarding the user interface. The convention on most software screens is that if something is greyed out it is not available and so I did not think that each of the tabs on the advanced screen were available to me. Perhaps your UI people might have a look at that.

But thanks again.

• 4. Re: Share presets for 50 hz PAL progressive clips
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Stuart B

Thanks for the follow up with the wonderful news that the suggested 1080p50 export worked for you in Premiere Elements 11. Great job.

This is not Adobe here. And, I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way. This forum is essentially a Premiere Elements user to user forum. The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is undefined. Consequently, you might want to consider filing one of those Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Forms to ask Adobe about features development. Please refer to the following

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements workflows.

ATR

• 5. Re: Share presets for 50 hz PAL progressive clips
                  Stuart B Level 1

Sorry to assume that you are with Adobe. I must say that I was incredibly impressed with the speed and accuracy of your response - and for it to have been Adobe themselves was most surprising.. Now I know the true story! I'll consider following up with Adobe regarding the UI comment.