3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 12:09 PM by Tanuj Sandal

2 Versions of Lightroom loaded?

cdaum1

I somehow have 2 versions of Lightroom on my Macbook Pro - Lightroom 5 and Lightroom CC 2015. Can I uninstall Lightroom 5? Will it affect or erase the catalogs I created using this version? My computer is maxed out on space and I need to delete something. All my actual photos are saved to an external drive. My Lightroom Catalogs say they can't be moved off the operating hard drive. I also think I have multiple catalogs of the same thing - they are just listed differently with a number increment at the end of the catalog name. Any help is much appreciated.

- candice

• 1. Re: 2 Versions of Lightroom loaded?
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi cdaum1,

Yes, you may uninstall the older version of Lightroom from the computer, and in future if you want , you may upgrade the Catalogs created in LR 5 to LR CC 2015.

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: 2 Versions of Lightroom loaded?
            cdaum1 Level 1

Thank you for your response Tanju. There is no uninstall option for Lightroom 5, like there is for the CC 2015. I'm sure there's another way I can remove it. When I tried to import the Lightroom 5 catalog into my Lightroom CC 2015, I receive the error message 'There is nothing to import in the catalog you have selected'. When I open up the Lightroom 5 catalog in Lightroom CC 2015, no photos show up at all. Message on the screen says 'Click the 'Import...' button to begin. I did this, found the folder and the import says 'no photos found'. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. 

- candice

• 3. Re: 2 Versions of Lightroom loaded?
              Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

That is right, for Lightroom 5 there is no uninstaller, so you need to simply Trash lightroom 5.

And please make sure you know the location of the Lightroom 5 Catalog that you are working on, and then open Lightroom CC 2015, click on File>Open Catalog.

Then select the location of the Lightroom 5 catalog that you were working on.