11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 6:08 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 14

44grimmace

I just started the trial and am trying to figure things out, but anytime I try to playback my video, the sounds sounds slowed down by about a factor of 10. It doesn't matter which clip I use that I've recorded with bandicam, but none of it is working correctly.  Does this software not work with Bandicam or do I have some other issue?

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 14
          tyespal

Are you using the "time stretch" function, because when applied to a video file this can result in the slowing of the audio you are using in association with it.

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 14
            44grimmace Level 1

I think, from looking at the properties PE14 is giving my incoming file is poor.  It's got the video set to 1280x720 and the audio format set at 11025Hz, which is half the speed it should be.  Now, I need to figure out how to change the settings of my audio with this program, because that's not the properties they were recorded with.

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 14
              A.T. Romano Level 7

44grimmace

What computer operating system is involved?

Bandicam source can be problematic, depending on your Bandicam export choices and if the recording used a variable rather than a constant frame rate.

The typical fix for the latter is taking your Bandicam export into the free HandBrake to obtain the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate version to take into Premiere Elements project with the Expert workspace's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets and from there to the Timeline.

https://handbrake.fr/

1. Please supply more information about the Bandicam video, video and audio codecs as well as the frame rate and the nature of that frame rate and other.

2. If you have video from a camcorder, please open a new project and determine if the current problems exist with new project and non Bandicam video.

The definite way to know if your Bandicam video was recorded with a variable frame rate is to take it into MediaInfo video audio properties read out program (Tree View) and observe if the video properties show 1 or 3 frame rates. Typically, 3 frame rates = variable frame rate (minimum frame rate, frame rate, maximum frame rate). Be careful with your choices during download and install of MediaInfo since it is known to travel with unwanted baggage.

If Windows   http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

If Mac   MediaInfo Mac (Mac) - Download

Please consider, and supply more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 14
                44grimmace Level 1

Unfortunately, no.  This is just selecting the file (game play footage) and hitting "play" within Premiere.  Video plays fine, the sound is super slowed down.

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 14
                  44grimmace Level 1

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.  I have tried getting the H.264 video codec to work, but when I select that, Bandicam closes.  No error, no warning popup, just closes and doesn't change the setting.

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 14
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

44grimmace

I did not see your post 2 until after I had posted 3.

Your Bandicam setting need attention.

With the video you have now, please tell us what the Premiere Elements Properties are for the video. To do that, please right click the video's thumbnail in Project Assets, select Properties. I am especially interest in the readings for the audio

Source Audio Format

and

Project Audio Format

The project may be having problems conforming your file's audio.

And, I am concerned about variable frame rate. Have you verified with MediaInfo what that situation is?

We know so far that the video is 1280 x 720 and the sampling rate is in question. What is the frame rate, what is the audio (AAC or other and Stereo or 5.1 channel), what is the file extension?

ATR

• 7. Re: Premier Elements 14
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

44grimmace

I think that I am out of sync with your post 5.

I do not work with Bandicam. Any chance you could consult with Bandicam about its settings.

I have been referencing Bandicam - Configuration - Video - Best Recording Software, Game Video Recorder

Keep away from H.264 or AVCHD.avi.

Keep away from Xvid.avi

PCM.wav is a good choice, but avoid ADPCM.wav.

H.264.mp4 is the best choice with the PCM audio.

Have you tried any of the suggested can do ones?

ATR

• 8. Re: Premier Elements 14
                        44grimmace Level 1

My video settings were Xvid (VBR), 1920x1080, 30 fps, quality "80".

My audio settings were 22050Hz, stereo, 64kpbs with the MPEG-1 L2 codec

NOW, I'm using 32KHz, stereo, PCM codec and audio is playing back acceptably, except for my voice being very quiet, but video and audio are most definitely NOT staying linked.

Whenever I choose H.264 for my video codec, Bandicam force closes (quits) and goes back to the last setting I had, so that's why I'm not using that.

• 9. Re: Premier Elements 14
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

44grimmace

Thanks for the very important and critical troubleshooting information.

Never use Xvid.avi in a Premiere Elements (any version) project. It is bad news aside from the case of variable frame rate.

Bandicam should be offering .avi and .mp4 choices. What codecs does it offer under with the .mp4 wrapper?

What are the video codecs besides Xvid for the .avi choice?

Do not use Xvid.avi.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premier Elements 14
                            44grimmace Level 1

I updated Bandicam, and was able to select the H264 MP4 codec, using the AMD APP.  Bitrate is currently set to 4000 kbps.  When trying to edit the footage, the video now seems to speed up on me, leaving the sound to lag behind.  I'm rendering a video to see if the rendering fixes it or not, and will add that to my next response.

• 11. Re: Premier Elements 14
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

44grimmace

H.264.mp4 sounds like a good format. What is the audio format that you set?

And definitely find out about the variable frame rate matter. That can be a problem even with the H.264.mp4 choice. Please refer to post 3.

Depending on your work in progress, we may be heading to the free HandBrake to get a H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate to take into the Premiere Elements project.

We just need to know what we have before making going forward choices.

Best wishes

ATR