5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 5:59 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 14 Horrible Performance (Video Attached)

ACBMemphis

Just installed a new copy of Premiere Elements 14 and I can't use it. Basic browsing of my video project does not work. The video is jerky and does not update. I have tried rebooting, disabling hardware acceleration, deleting all rendered files etc. Not sure what to try next. I have Raided striped drives, 4th generation i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM. Running no other apps but this!

On the same PC, a copy of the same project file works flawlessly in Adobe Premiere Elements 11. See attached video. Was looking forward to playing around with new software this weekend, now considering returning it...

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Horrible Performance (Video Attached)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ACBMemphis

If you have any intentions of returning Premiere Elements 14 for full refund, please be advised you have within 14 days of purchase to do that if you purchased the products from Adobe as download.

Is your demo video supposed to be TimeLapse or is the playback the creation of the problem that you are having?

Typical questions:

1. What are the properties of your Timeline video (brand/model/settings for camera that recorded the video might be a quick way to get at the needed information).

2. What did you manually or the project automatically set as the project preset to match the properties of the source media? Please tell us the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out) found Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

When the file was dragged to the Timeline as the first file to that Timeline, did you see an orange line over the content?

Was Timeline rendering ever possible in order to get the best possible preview in the Edit area monitor?

Please consider, and supply more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Horrible Performance (Video Attached)
            ACBMemphis Level 1

Thanks - I purchased from Amazon.com on a disc. Simple navigation during editing is the problem. The video does not update. When I export the final video, the result looks fine. Only editing is the problem. Most of my videos are AVCHD .MTS files from a Canon Vixia HF 100. This project was originally created in Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I made a copy of the .prel file and then opened it in Premiere Elements 14.

Editing Mode: HDV720p

Timebase: 29.97 frames/second

Frame Size: 1280 x 720

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)

ProjectSettings.jpg

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Horrible Performance (Video Attached)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ACBMemphis

Thanks for the additional information.

1. Making sure we are OK with the project settings for this 11 project opened in Premiere Elements 14....

a. In original Premiere Elements 11 project, do you know what was set as the project preset for that newly created there?

What did you record with the Canon HF100, AVCHD.mts what - 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second or 1280 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second?

b. If you open a new Premiere Elements 14 project and import your Canon HF100 file directly into 14 project, do you have the same problem that you are facing in the 11 project opened in 14?

2. Trying to optimize the Edit area playback

a. Please right click the Edit area monitor, select Playback Quality, followed by choice named Highest

b. Please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and set the Timeline Rendering Quality to High quality/Slow speed

c. Are the scratch discs directed to hard drive locations with enough free space to accept the project's files that are automatically being sent to those locations - especial Video Previews?

d. Are you confirming that all these previewing irregularities are being seen at playback of Timeline rendered content in the Edit area monitor?

d. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Horrible Performance (Video Attached)
                ACBMemphis Level 1

It works!

I found that new files dragged in would work successfully. However, the solution for making my existing project files work was to exit and shift-delete the following folders:

"Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files"

"Encoded Files"

Interestingly choosing the delete rendered files menu option was not enough, I had to delete these folders in Windows Explorer manually. Next, I restarted and re-rendered, and the new software is performing just as well as the old!

Thanks for your help, AT.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Horrible Performance (Video Attached)
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ACBMemphis

Really liked "It works!", Great news, great job.

Thanks for the follow up with comments which will help all those facing Premiere Elements issues similar to those you faced.

Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes, but good information to have when searching for answers.

Best wishes

ATR