2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2015 4:03 AM by Derek Cross

In Design Hangs intermittently when editing text

thought-well Level 1

Using ID CC today, I will type out a few lines of copy and then the application will hang for about 10 seconds before allowing me to proceed. This is making the application barely-usable.

It seems to happen most often when I'm typing out a line and go to make a correction such as a deletion of the last few characters or if I start typing too fast. It doesn't completely crash the application... it just causes my mac to pinwheel for about 5-15 seconds on average. The time hanging depends on the amount of characters I've backspaced or how far I've moved my cursor. But this happens almost every few seconds, so I'm typing content into my doc at a one or two lines per minute, and it's excruciating.

I'm running on El capitan 10.11.1 on an older 8-Core Mac Pro w/ 14 GB of RAM, but I don't seem to have any issues outside of InDesign. The file is located in my OneDrive folder, but those files are copied over to my computer locally, so I don't think it has anything to do w/ autosaves or anything like that.

This has made writing my latest client proposal a total bummer because it's taking sooo long, but I'm OCD about presentation and I really don't want to have to resort to MS Word

Has anyone experienced this issue or have any recommendations of fixing? HELP!?!