10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 10:21 AM by rob@velds.nl

Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?

rob@velds.nl Level 1

Ik heb graag in de werkruimte permanent mijn info venster (verdwijnt nu na iedere handeling) en een audiomonitor om te zien of geluid niet te hard is(Vooral van toegevoegde muziekclips)

Wie weet raad?

Rob Velds

• 1. Re: Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Rob Field

You are now reading a revised version what I wrote originally.

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

Are you referring to keeping the Audio Meter and Info opened permanently while within a project or from project to project?

To be continued in my next post

ATR

• 2. Re: Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Rob Field

My observations....

The generalized answer is that Audio Meters and Info will not remain open after you save close reopen a project.

I have found no workaround for that situation.

In Premiere Elements 14 (latest version), the Timeline design has been changed so that the user can select from Show Classic View (default) or Show Audio View. The Show Audio View displays the Master Meter (functions as Audio Meter which is gone from its previous location). The Master Meter now allows the user to change the audio for the whole project. After a save close of the project in the Show Audio View and with Info opened, the project reopens to the Info closed and Show Classic View (default) displaying instead of Show Audio View with the Master Meter (Audio Meter functions).

Keeping Audio Meter and Info opened continuously within a given project outside of the Editing Area often depends on what selections you are making in the project and other parts of the project that you are going to.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?
              rob@velds.nl Level 1

To introduce myself, I worked with Elements till Version 7, switched than to PPro CS4 and later 6 because of the poor performance with full HD etiting,   because my CS suites were illegal I started with an UK package made by Serif and was called Movvieplus X6.

However I started now 4K editing and I was told that Movieplus would not further be developped imn that direction.

So what todo: Back to Elements 14 with 4K support.

I bought the Dutch version, no books available yet, so I try to a project with photos.

In the past I could integrate the audio meter and the info screen in my project, but my memory coud be messed up with PPro experiences.

So I'm in the middle of trying out the program and the first queston was why has my info screen disappeared after every action and where is the audio panel when I am ready to edit my sound tracks and the addition of music tracks.

I assumed your native language is English, that is not a problem for  me

Im working on a PC with Windows 10 and hardware (latest i7 with 16Gb memory) to cope with 4K editing

As I told you I'm working in a Dutch version, I will see what I can find about the how Classic View (default) or Show Audio View

Thanks anyhow for the quick reaction

Rob

• 4. Re: Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Rob

Thanks for the reply.

Just in case questions....when you are working in Premiere Elements 14, what workspace are you in, the Quick workspace or the Expert workspace.

The Expert workspace is a fuller feature workspace than the Quick workspace. When you are in the Quick workspace, there is no Class View and no Show Audio View (with Master Meter). And, under the Quick workspace, there is no Audio Meter (or Master Meter) under the Window Menu either. You should be able to get the Info choice under the Window Menu there. And, if you have the Info opened in Quick workspace and switch to Expert workspace, the Info should remain open. All that gives me mixed reaction to the workspace you are working in.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf

Please let us know of your progress. I will revisit your thread to watch for messages about your progress.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 5. Re: Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?
                  rob@velds.nl Level 1

I have a rather long experience in video editing (Premiere 5, 6 and 6.5.)

So i'm in expert mode (professional in Dutch....) and will skip most of the pre-coocked solutions Adobe offers.

Editing is my hobby and it's not my aim to have a one button solution for every action.

When I return from a holiday, making a film may last 2 weeks or so for a 15-20 minutes film of 1 or 2 days (www.youtube.com/user/robvelds)

I'm still trying to find your mentioned views, but the good news is, I found the audio meter. (Tools/Audiomixer)

And there is more hope. The first Dutch book on PE14 is scheduled for Dec. 2nd.

Rob

• 6. Re: Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Rob

Thanks for the follow up.

You wrote

I'm still trying to find your mentioned views, but the good news is, I found the audio meter. (Tools/Audiomixer)

That is not the audio meter. What you found is the audio mixer which is used for adjusting audio volume and allows you to have automatic

keyframes for volume, and you run the Timeline content and make adjust to the appropriate track in the opened audio mixer. Please see

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Mixing audio and adjusting volume

This is the audio mixer

audiomixer.JPG

This is the Master Meter (formerly called audio meter)

The Master Meter (formerly known as the Audio Meter) is at the end of the Timeline when you are in the Timeline's Show Audio View.

audiometer.jpg

The Master Meter is the audio meter of old with function to allow you to monitor not change volume but now allows to change the whole project's audio

all at one time. Please see Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Audio View

Please consider.

ATR

• 7. Re: Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?
                      rob@velds.nl Level 1

Thanks, I found indded the audiomixer.

I stop this session, tomorrow is another day.

Thanks so far for your information

Rob

• 8. Re: Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?
                        rob@velds.nl Level 1

Trial and error, but most of the things I found.

Even the display of the real clip in the preview screen, Scaling images I did sofar with the pan and zoom tool (Ifound also the transform tool). I strugled a while with the handles in the timeline clip to control the movements of the clip. On my 4k monitor the handles are so thin, you can hardly see them. For that problem no solution I fear.

About the rest, two remarks. Sometimes it seems to be a project on my former MSX computer. Inserting a text and dragging it to its place is almost hilarious. Also with other instructions there is lot of delay.

Redering the timeline was a long job, but at the end rhe result counts. Making  a XAVC-S mp4 with all the quality markers in high resulted in a good film, excluding the transitions (mostly crossfades) they are of a terrible quality. Probably an impotant hint for future users.

If you or someone else is interested , I can put it on my Youtube account (user/robvelds)

I think in the near future other questions will arise, for this time prosperity for you all.

Rob

• 9. Re: Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Rob

I applaud your success. Very well done.

Thank you for writing of your progress. Beautiful video. I watched two of your YouTube videos and will go back later to watch some more.

The video was very inviting in the presentation, and the titles contributed nicely. I liked the background that you used for some of the crawling titles.

Best wishes. Looking forward to further news of your progress as your schedule permits.

ATR

• 10. Re: Is de werkruimte blijvend aan te passen?
                            rob@velds.nl Level 1

Look to the quality of the transitions.

Reason for a firm complaint to Adobe ?

All in 4K and the transitions in 360P.......

Look and judge yourself. 4K UHD Fotoserie Cruise IJsland 2015 - YouTube

Regards

Rob

If other forum members should have better results I would like to know.