3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2015 12:16 PM by Szalam

WHITE frames in mp4

fredc22586273

Hello,

I am exporting a 20 second video from AE CC 2014 to be used in Flash Pro CC. I am exporting the video as a .mov (which I then turn into an mp4 with Adobe Media Encoder).

When I import the video into Flash (load external video with playback component), everything works fine, but I get a few WHITE FRAMES (or a white 'flash') at the beginning of the video.

This person seems to have the same problem, but hasn't found a solution:https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1935875

Thanks!

• 1. Re: WHITE frames in mp4
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What codec did you use in your MOV container when you rendered out of AE?

When you play that MOV back, do you see white frames?

What were your settings in the Adobe Media Encoder when making your H.264?

If you play that file, do you see the white frames?

(If you're putting it into Flash, I'd recommend using the FLV option in AME.)

• 2. Re: WHITE frames in mp4
            fredc22586273 Level 1

No, it's not 'white frames' as much as a few frames of 'blank', as if it wasn't there. The 'blank' is not in the Flash timeline, and it's not in the After Effects timeline, nor in the mov.

I used to use the FLV export in After Effects, but it was eliminated (because it's "old" and "buggy") in the CC 2015 update, so the only option left is to export in H.264 / mp4.  I don't really care what format it is, just as long as it isn't heavy, and it can be imported into Flash.

• 3. Re: WHITE frames in mp4
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I wouldn't use AE to do FLV. You can do it in old versions of Adobe Media Encoder.

How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015

If it's not happening in the rendered file, perhaps it's not an After Effects question.

Where are you when you actually see the missing frames?