2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2015 7:26 AM by whsprague

export video to lightroom

lovelila

I saved my video in 2 different file formats when exporting them from elements premere12 to my hard drive on my computer. When I tried to import them into lightroom6, it said it couldn't recognize the files. How do I import them intolightroom?

• 1. Re: export video to lightroom
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Did you output video or photo files? And what formats did you output them as?

Lightroom should accept MP4s, which you can output Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTubeHD preset.

• 2. Re: export video to lightroom
            whsprague Level 4

Hoping to add a little to Steve's suggestion, Adobe has some instructions on using Lightroom for video here:

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Work with video in Lightroom

It says there that, "Lightroom imports many common digital video files from digital still cameras, including AVI, MOV, MP4, and AVCHD."  Note that there are many formats NOT supported, such as WAV.   Also note that it suggests digital still cameras with two channel audio, not camcorders with five channel audio.  

Also on that page is a link to a pretty good 11 minute video tutorial on using Lightroom for video.  There is just enough in Lightroom to make it useable to make complete, edited videos!  The turorial is provided by Adobe's own J. Kost, who is my second favorite on line teacher behind Steve!