1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2015 5:59 AM by dj_paige

how to rename stacks consistently?

gian_luca

Hi All,

I have LR CC 2015 and I have to rename more than 9K raw files. This is not a problem, but some of them have been already edited in PS and so beside the DSCxxxx.raw file there is also the DSCxxxx-Edit.PSD file , stacked together. When I rename all of them what will occur? Only the .raw will be renamed or the .psd too? And how?

I don't want a situation in which the raw file and psd are treated as single files and renamed progressively (1.raw + 2-edit.psd) because in 9K this would be a real huge mess!

I don't want LR to rename raw files only because it would be a tragedy to rebuild the correct stacks.

Any hint will be appreciated.

TIA

John

• 1. Re: how to rename stacks consistently?
          dj_paige Level 9

Why is it necessary to rename at all?

If you have "DSCxxxx.raw file there is also the DSCxxxx-Edit.PSD", isn't that a good setup?

But if you must rename, I don't know what will happen, its easy enough for you to find out, take a stack of two images (better yet, two images that you don't care about, like that RAW photo of the inside of your refrigerator that you just took because I am giving you an example, and the associated PSD), and rename them and see what happens.