12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 4:31 PM by stmijaar

capture VHS

stmijaar

I wanted to capture VHS Video using PRE13, but found out that function ended in PRE12. I have PRE11, what do I have to do to install it? The .exe file isn't amongst the files that appear when I open the DVD to install PRE!1.

[Asking in the correct forum helps... Moved from Comments to Premiere Elements... Mod]

• 1. Re: capture VHS
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stmijaar

What computer operating system? For now I will assume that you are using Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.

Place the installation disc in the burner drive tray and select Run AutoPlay and follow the on screen instructions.

If you are having problems with the installation disc, you can download and install installation files from the following and then insert your purchased serial number during installation.

Other downloads

If your installation problems are more involved than that please give more details so that we can customize a reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: capture VHS
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

On the other hand, you may also find that even Premiere Elements 11 can't capture VHS video.

In order to capture VHS video, you'll need to use a digitizer, like this popular one from Grass Valley.

Amazon.com: Grass Valley/Canopus 77010150100 ADVC110 Converter: Computers & Accessories

There are other digitizers out there, but I wouldn't recommend using one of the cheaper USB-connected devices if you can. They're designed pretty much to work with the software that comes with them. The video you capture with one may not may not be 100% editable in Premiere Elements. With the Grass Valley unit, you can be sure you'll get excellent results and fully compatible video.

• 3. Re: capture VHS
              stmijaar Level 1

For some reason I can't get Auto play to work on my PC (WIN 7-64bit), but when I open the disc there are no .exe files. Thgere are several "read me" files in different languages + 2 foilders which say' "Adobe Premiere Elements 11",but have no .exe files in them.

• 4. Re: capture VHS
                stmijaar Level 1

Also, when I do attemp capture in PSE 13, the bottom of the picture shows all scanning line junk, the picture seems to be interlaced poorly and there is no sound.

• 5. Re: capture VHS
                  stmijaar Level 1

Actually, I don't need to edit the tapes at this point. I want to put the data on an SD Card and can't find any answers for that.

• 6. Re: capture VHS
                    stmijaar Level 1

Actually, what I want to do is put the data on an SD card.

• 7. Re: capture VHS
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

stmijaar

Back to your introductory post for the thread when I last heard from you....

1. Installation of Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit....

If there is a problem with your Premiere Elements 11 Windows disc, then use the Adobe Other Download link to download and install Premiere Elements 11 installation files into which you insert your purchased serial number during the installation when requested to do that. Other downloads

Have you done that and found that you could not?

When you decide to install from the installation disc content instead of AutoPlay feature - for Premiere Elements 11

Do you see this when you click on the message to open to contents -

11-1.JPG

Do you then double click Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Folder to open that folder?

Then do you double click the PRE64 Folder in the Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Folder to open it?

Do you find the setup.exe file in the PRE64 Folder? See screenshot below.

Then do you double click the setup.exe to start the installation?

11-2.JPG

If none of the is possible, then I would question the disc integrity and use the online installation files that I pointed to.

I am assuming that you are aware that there is no more export to tape export function in Premiere Elements?

Does your Windows 7 64 bit computer have an SD slot in it? It is "likely" to work if the capacity of the SD card is appropriate.

I have not tried SD card in card reader attached to computer with USB port as the drive for the Save. Have you experimented with any of

that yet?

Please consider and then supply more details. Please indicate if you were always aware of the VHS to digital product all along and were not inquiring about that.

If you need supplemental information in that regard, please let us know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: capture VHS
                        stmijaar Level 1

Other downloads 1st asks for my region, but does not include the  United States, so other downloads doesn't work for me. I do not get the screen you show

I get this screen.thought Capture.JPGThe screen you show is the one I hoped would apprear when I opened the disc..I had used this disc when I installed PRE 11. When I installed PRE 13 I believe I uninstalled PRE11.Was that a mistake?

I will try my old PRE 8 installation disc.

I have put finished videos on SD Cards by dragging the video file to an SD card where it copies the file(I guess within Windows Explorer?).I forget which format I used to save the video to computer, but it has worked for me.

I'm an old analog guy and really know very little about digital video.

And thank you again for your continued help.

• 9. Re: capture VHS
                          stmijaar Level 1

Yoiu were right about the integrity of the installation disc. I must apologize for my stupidity and carelessness. I was using the MAC software installation disc.

Seriously, you are very kind and I regret having wasted your time.

• 10. Re: capture VHS
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

stmijaar

Thanks for the reply.

My curiosity is high as to why you cannot use the Premiere Elements 11 Windows files on your Premiere Elements 11 Installation disc. Please excuse the following question, but I do not want to take anything for granted. When you purchase Premiere Elements in box packaging, you get 2 installation discs, one for Windows and one for Mac. Is there any chance, that you have picked out the Mac installation disc, and you are opening the Mac disc to Mac files?

But, assuming all OK with Windows considerations, if problems one way, let us detour....please use the following web site as your route to get at those Premiere Elements 11 Windows tryout installation files as download

Free New Books on Photoshop & Premiere Elements 11 (185 Pages) | ProDesignTools

Follow to the letter the web site's Note: Very Important Instructions to avoid Access Denied message.

As per those instructions...sign in with Adobe with your Adobe ID and password, but download and install only from the web site giving you those "Note: Very Important Instructions".

If you are OK with uses of the SD card in your work, I will not pursue that line of questions at this time.

Please consider, and let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...What does the labeling of your Premiere Elements 11 Windows installation disc show?

• 11. Re: capture VHS
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

stmijaar

Thanks for the reply.

I did not see your post 9 until after I had posted post 10.

You never waste time asking questions. We all learn in this learning sharing environment. The important matter is that you stayed with the troubleshooting and sorted out what needed to be done to get yourself moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects. Well done.

Best wishes

ATR

• 12. Re: capture VHS
                                stmijaar Level 1

Thanks again, very much!