1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 9:54 AM by Jim Acquavella

help with getting  the folders correct with an existing image?

Jef_sal

I am trying to do a lip sync with a "flying pig" AI file that I downloaded from Adobe Stock. I thought that by re-naming the Path groups I could create a puppet. Is there a way to help with getting  the folders correct with an existing image?

Jeff

• 1. Re: help with getting  the folders correct with an existing image?
          Jim Acquavella Adobe Employee

One of the quickest ways to understand our ideal layering structure is to open one of our template puppets.  You can do this from the Puppet menu by selecting, New Puppet in Illustrator (or New Puppet in Photoshop).  Once you select the menu item, Illustrator will launch and open our puppet template.  From the Layers panel, you can see that the hierarchy specifies a Character that contains various layers with specific layer names that allow Character Animator to understand the structure and animate the puppet.  The "+" at the beginning of the name indicates that the layer is warped independent of the parent layer.  Layers without the + will be part of the "rubber sheet" with the other layers in the same warping group.  Your puppet should have a similar layer hierarchy to that of the template, which allows the Behaviors to bring your character to life.  You can use this template as a guide, or simply replace the artwork directly within the template file.  Good luck!