9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 6:00 PM by minimejdh

importing issues...

peterg92091901

I am having numerous issues importing into the the latest Lightroom (v2015.2.1) ever since the latest update with the new import window.  I have been a Lightroom user for a few years without ever so much as a hiccup.  I am on a mid 2012 Retina MacBook Pro with the following specs:

Processor:

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory:

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics:

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

My issue is regarding importing photos from my computer's built in SD card slot. I have not tried importing from a card reader or connecting my camera directly to my computer.  If I have recently turned on my computer, Lightroom will occasionally (albeit very rarely) let me import.  After importing the first time, if I go back and try to import again (without restarting my computer), the import dialogue opens but essentially freezes and my mouse clicks don't do anything.  I can jump out of Lightroom and navigate around the rest of my computer, so I know the computer isn't frozen.  In the rare event Lightroom doesn't freeze, I have received a plethora of errors including the following...

This is the most common error I get....

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 9.44.17 PM.png

This one I've only seen once....

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 2.16.30 PM.png

This one, every time I pressed Quit, would immediately pop back up.  I eventually had to force quit Lightroom to escape.

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 9.18.43 AM.png

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom three times now. Also, as you can see from this final screen shot, the Lightroom icon isn't showing up.

Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 11.59.17 AM.png

I should also note, these temporary import files keep showing up... is that normal?

Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 12.04.31 PM.png

Has anyone had any or all of these issues?? Please help!