4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2015 7:14 PM by davidacan

Licensing and support re Premiere Elements 14

davidacan

Hi - I'm thinking of buying Premiere Elements 14 (not as a subscription product) - have two questions:

1- Can I use the license on both Mac and PC, like Lightroom? (I assume that I can use a single license on two machines.)

2- They mention support of 4K - does the current version support 4K files from Sony RX-100 mk 4?

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Licensing and support re Premiere Elements 14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

davidacan

If you purchase online download, then the installation files are specific for that computer - Windows files to Windows or Mac files to Mac. Adobe sells only download installation files.

If you purchase the box packaging (from authorized reseller), it comes with two installation discs, one for Windows and one for Mac.

Adobe allows you the same purchased activated serial number on no more than two of your computers...and then the two are not supposed to be run at the same time.

Premiere Elements 12/12.1, 13/13.1, or 14 is typically for the 3840 x 2160 - typically XAVC-S.mp4 - and I would expect your camera to be supported for its AVCHD, XAVC-S .mp4 files. Best, consider exploring the 14 tryout before purchase.

ATR

• 2. Re: Licensing and support re Premiere Elements 14
            davidacan Level 1

Very helpful - thanks - but can you clarify if the serial number works on both platforms - I recall that some Adobe serial numbers were limited to one platform, while others (like with Lightroom) work on both.

• 3. Re: Licensing and support re Premiere Elements 14
              A.T. Romano Level 7

davidacan

Thanks for the follow up.

This is the typical situation.

If you purchased the box packaging for just Premiere Elements, you get two installation discs, one for Windows and one for Mac. There is only one serial number that is used by each, and it is usually on a label on the box that house the discs, each in its own paper envelope.

If you purchase the box packaging for the combo of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements, recently you get two installation discs, one for Photoshop Elements Windows and Premiere Elements Windows, and one for Photoshop Elements Mac and Premiere Elements Mac. Then there are usually two serial numbers involved....1 serial number for Photoshop Elements Windows and Mac and 1 serial number for Premiere Elements Windows and Mac.

Also important, you cannot open a Premiere Elements Windows project file in a Premiere Elements Mac program. And, you cannot open a Premiere Elements Mac project file in a Premiere Elements Windows program.

The above is my understanding of the present situation. This is not Adobe. Rather a user to user forum.

Please consider and then let us know if the above needs more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Licensing and support re Premiere Elements 14
                davidacan Level 1

Thanks A.T. Romano - your additional clarification are especially helpful.

Regards,

DA