5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2015 8:57 AM by A.T. Romano

Custom Motion Title not available across projects

terrancee21641415

I'm using Premiere Elements 14. I created a custom motion title and saved it. It appears under "Motion Titles - Custom" for this project. However, when I attempt to add the same custom motion title to another project my custom title is not in the "Motion Titles - Custom" list. I don't want to recreate this title for every video project. How can I get this custom motion title to be available for all of my projects?

It is also worth mentioning that I attempted to follow the help files suggestion for exporting a title file, but the help document seems to be written for a different version of Premiere Elements because the menu options discussed did not match what I have.

• 1. Re: Custom Motion Title not available across projects
          A.T. Romano Level 7

terrancee

What computer operating system is involved?

I am not having any issues with the created saved Motion Title showing up in Titles & Text/Motion Titles Custom after I opened a new project.

Premiere Elements 14 Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I am doing some more tests on this. For now, how many Motion Titles do you save under Custom before you have the problem in which the saved custom Motion Title cannot be found in a new project under Titles & Text/Motion Titles Custom?

To be continued

ATR

• 2. Re: Custom Motion Title not available across projects
            A.T. Romano Level 7

terrancee

I have done some more testing.

I looked at creating the Motion Titles from Text Menu/Motion Titles and from Titles & Text Tab, but so far no basic problems with the saved Motion Titles disappearing from the Motion Titles Custom area.

Do you have any more details to add to what you have already posted? I will continue to explore this matter and report back.

ATR

• 3. Re: Custom Motion Title not available across projects
              terrancee21641415 Level 1

ATR,

I am on Windows 7. I am creating the motion titles from the "Titles and Text" tab by altering an existing motion title using the "Adjust -> Motion Title - Adjustments" window and choosing "Save as New Title". Within the current project I can then see my new title. However, when I open another project and attempt to add my new title from the "Custom Titles" tab it is no longer there. Instead, under "Titles and Text -> Motion Titles -> Custom" I see what appears to a copy of all of the Motion Titles available, but not my newly created one.

I was able to find where Premiere Elements stores the custom motion titles (C:\Users\[myprofile]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\14.0\Rich Title Templates\Custom). It had a directory for my custom title and in that directory there appeared to be a copy of all of the other motion titles configuration files. I'm not sure if that is normal behavior, but that at least explains the strange results that I'm getting. I'm still unable to reuse a motion title that I've edited and have to redo it for every video that I am making. It is a pain, to say the least. Thank you for your assistance and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Corey

• 4. Re: Custom Motion Title not available across projects
                sagar4209 Adobe Employee

Hi terrancee21641415,

May I know Project settings of both the projects:

1. In which you have saved the Custom Motion Title

2. In which you are trying to use saved Custom Title.

Both the project should have similar Project Settings.

Ex: If you have saved custom Motion Title in HD Project then you would be able to use it in HD Projects only. (Not in DV Projects)

-Sagar

• 5. Re: Custom Motion Title not available across projects
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

terrancee

Just an update with my work with Premiere Elements 14 Window 10 64 bit Motion Titles.

Have you seen the following which does not go into saving the Motion Titles except to say that it can.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Motion Titles

My initial tests with the feature did not alert be to any mishaps, and then....just with my focus on saving the Motion Title via its unique Custom route gave inconsistent successes and failures for saving and deletion of the Motion Titles with interest confined in a single project versus using the saved Motion Title in other Premiere Elements 14 project (same project preset or not).

Although really a different "species" than Motion Titles, the Classic Titles by comparison...For Classic, prtl

a. Different saving route "Export to Title" in Project Assets Only Grid View when right click title's thumbnail and select Export Title (the Help PDF for 14 appears to give the how for for earlier version not for 14).

and

b. Being able to use the saved Title (prtl) in other Premiere Elements project irregardless of that project project's preset.

Note: If I save a title from a 1920 x 1080 project, the title's Properties in Project Assets tell me 1920 x 1080. Yet when I import the 1920 x 1080 prtl into a 720 x 480 project, the prtl's properties in Project Assets tells me that it is being recognized as 720 x 480.

Later today I am going to continue to try again to determine if I can put a consistent performance profile on the Motion Titles feature in 14.

To be continued...

ATR