2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 9:54 AM by Karl Heinz Kremer

How do I make a page jpeg, also I can no longer reduce a page with this recent acrobat dc?

jeang63236129

I recently downloaded the acrobat reader dc and can no longer reduce my page or convert it to a jpeg, can anybody help?

• 1. Re: How do I make a page jpeg, also I can no longer reduce a page with this recent acrobat dc?
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

My guess is that you must open your PDF files using your existing Acrobat, not the recently downloaded Reader.

• 2. Re: How do I make a page jpeg, also I can no longer reduce a page with this recent acrobat dc?
            Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

Let me elaborate a bit on Claudio's answer: It sounds like you have both Adobe Acrobat and the free Adobe Reader installed. Adobe Reader is just what the name implies: An application to "read" (or view) PDF documents. You cannot (with some small exceptions) modify PDF files. The functionally to save a PDF file as a JPEG file, or to reduce the page size (e.g. "cropping") is not available in Reader, but is available in Adobe Acrobat. You will have to configure which application is used to open up PDF files. This can either be done on the operating system level, or (if on Windows) via the application preferences: Open up Acrobat's preference dialog,then go to the "General" category and click on the "Set Default PDF Handler" button. You can now select which application you want to use to open PDF files.

Keep in mind that the only supported configuration with both Acrobat and Reader installed on the same system is when both applications share the same major version number: Acrobat X and Reader X is OK, Acrobat XI and Reader XI is OK, Acrobat DC and Reader DC is OK. Acrobat X and Reader DC is _NOT SUPPORTED_!

1 person found this helpful