5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 7:59 PM by A.T. Romano

Using Premier Elements 14 to create slideshow, why can't I get the audio track to match with the video.

tyespal

I am using Windows 10 Pro with a new Prem. Elem.s just opened. I am having problems sync. my video and audio tracks. O have tried a time stretch with the first clip after a select without success.

• 1. Re: Using Premier Elements 14 to create slideshow, why can't I get the audio track to match with the video.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tyespal

Where are you creating a slideshow - in Elements Organizer 14 Slideshow Builder (Create/Slideshow) or solely within the Premiere Elements 14 Editor?

Are you referring to importing a file with video and audio components and losing the audio video sync in the file in Premiere Elements 14 Editor? Or, are you referring to trying to get a piece of music to fit under a given photo? Or are you in the Elements Organizer slideshow builder where you can add one piece of music (either from Adobe collection or your hard drive save location for your own music)?

Is it possible that you are in the Premiere Elements 14 Editor, but in one of its features, like Video Story or Instant Movie?

With Time Stretch in the mix, it sounds like you are in the Premiere Elements 14 Editor. Please clarify what the first clip was so that we can explore why Time Stretch did not work to allow you to alter clip duration.

If you import a file with video and audio components, then the file should present on the Timeline linked (Video 1/Audio1), and each component should consequently have the same duration.

Please consider and clarify.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Using Premier Elements 14 to create slideshow, why can't I get the audio track to match with the video.
            tyespal Level 1

Thanks for your patients. I will try to be more specific. I am using Prem. Elem. 14, the Expert mode, to import images  and audio files from Organizer.  I then add two songs into the Audio track in an effort to synchronize both video and audio so that they end at the same time.  I have tried to use the Time Stretch function in association with the Select All command to duplicate the clip time equally across all the images. In that way I was hoping to get a closer match between my Audio and Video tracks. I was also hoping that it would not be necessary for me to edit each image using the Time Stretch function, in that my slideshows tend to be long. Please let me know if I need to provide and further information. Thank you.

• 3. Re: Using Premier Elements 14 to create slideshow, why can't I get the audio track to match with the video.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tyespal

Thanks for your follow up with important details for considering the video/audio situation.

One of the major issues with changing the duration of the music clip is its impact on the music arrangement and creating distortions.

To get around that, you can use as your music source one of the Music Scores under the Music Tab in the workspace. These are special soundtracks that allow you to alter the soundtrack duration without altering its arrangement.

There is no Fit Slides To Audio option in the Premiere Elements editor.

In Premiere Elements Project Assets there is a feature with which you might want to experiment - it is an option in Project Assets called Create Slideshow. The essentials of it include...

a. Music on Soundtrack

b. Set unnumbered markers along the Timeline duration of the music where you want an image placed

c. In Project Assets select all the images that you want in the slideshow....to do that,Ctrl click on the wanted images in the order that you want them placed

d. Right click anywhere in the selection and select Create Slideshow in the drop down menu. Setup the Create Slideshow dialog according to your plan and click OK.

More on that later if it sounds interesting to you.

Otherwise, you will do what you have been doing...repeating music clips and minimally stretching the duration of the audio. Rather than stretching the duration of the audio, can you adjust the duration of the photo video content which you are likely to be doing as indicated in Create Slideshow option.

Please consider and then we can think further about customizing your project.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Using Premier Elements 14 to create slideshow, why can't I get the audio track to match with the video.
                tyespal Level 1

I think I may have a solution to my problem using Lightroom 5.7. There is an audio function within its Slideshow Module that will permit me to fit the time frames for my images with the length of audio file I want to import. But there is a catch. Lightroom room is limited in the quality of the highdef. it can burn. I think it maxes out at 1080p. So the question is, can I create a file using Lightroom that I can burn with Premiere E. 14 that will give me a better result? Thanks again for all you help.

• 5. Re: Using Premier Elements 14 to create slideshow, why can't I get the audio track to match with the video.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

tyespal

Lightroom's 1080p export is probably H.264.mp4 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second. I do not use Lightroom, so I am not sure of the quality of its 1080p export.

Premiere Elements 14 supports H.264.mp4 1080p video. You will probably have to export the Lightroom export to the computer hard drive and then use Premiere Elements 14 Expert workspace Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets to Timeline. Not sure if you can go Lightroom to Elements Organizer 14 to Premiere Elements 14 Editor. In the past, there as not been a Lightroom to Premiere Elements route.

First thing do a mini test run, and check out the quality of the Lightroom export before and after import into the Premiere Elements 14 project.

ATR