9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 9:34 PM by JenniferHighSchoolTeacher

How do I talk to a real person at adobe?

lhdgl;aerhg Level 1

How do I talk to a real person at adobe????

• 1. Re: How do I talk to a real person at adobe?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Phone support for Lightroom is limited to Downloading, Installing and Licensing.  You can get to the phone number by answering the questions under the Support area at adobe.com and indicating that you have LR and one of those types of issues, then clicking on the Still Need Help button.  Typically you'll see a phone number and a chat option in addition to the forums option.  Troubleshooting and How To's are typically forum-only as they require more expertise than Adobe Phone/Chat Support has.

• 2. Re: How do I talk to a real person at adobe?
            Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi lhdgl;aerhg,

Please check the following link : Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Tanuj

• 3. Re: How do I talk to a real person at adobe?
              JenniferHighSchoolTeacher Level 1

NOT SOLVED!

CLicking the "Customer care" does not solve this problem. The above link is more like a web browser with generic answers!. 

What is the phone number or e-mail to directly correspond?

• 4. Re: How do I talk to a real person at adobe?
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

If you would state the problem you are having will help in trying to assist you in correcting it.

• 5. Re: How do I talk to a real person at adobe?

Here is the reason that I am requesting to speak to someone in person. It is such a unique situation that I haven't been able to find an answer on the forums.

My Question: If I stop using apple "photos" app for storing my images> move everything into Adobe Lightroom> delete the photos that were stored in the Photos app>  Will I still keep all my images in the event the funding runs out for the school licensing?

Side notes:

I am a high school teacher with licensing purchased for our computer labs 200 students for the adobe creative suite and one license for my personal mac because I often work from home. The license is under the school technicians name. When working from home, I use my personal 2016 mac book pro to grade students work, edit image examples, and store example images. There is no individual "log-in" for each student or for myself on my mac- the adobe software clearly lists the techs name.  I don't want to lose all my images/ hard work if the funding runs out. Even if I pay for Lightroom myself, if the license ends, I am unclear if the images belong to me or stay with my technicians name.

• 6. Re: How do I talk to a real person at adobe?
                    dj_paige Level 9

My Question: If I stop using apple "photos" app for storing my images> move everything into Adobe Lightroom> delete the photos that were stored in the Photos app>  Will I still keep all my images in the event the funding runs out for the school licensing?

I assume by "licensing" you mean Creative Cloud licensing.

Your photos are your photos, they are not stored in Lightroom, and if the licensing stops, your photos are still available on your hard disk somewhere, wherever you put them or wherever you instructed LR to put them. In fact, you can still access your edits and user-provided metadata in Lightroom even after the licensing ends. You can export the photos from Lightroom with edits even after the licensing ends.

however, after the licensing ends, you will not be able to use the Develop Module to make additional edits, nor will you be able to use the Map module.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: How do I talk to a real person at adobe?
                      JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Additionally, the catalog that contains all of the adjustments you have made is a user file. If you elect to purchase Lightroom or continue to license the Creative Cloud Lightroom on your own you can continue to use that catalog. At any rate, the images are your images, always will be your images, and you will always own and have access to those images. They are never consumed by Lightroom. The Lightroom catalog only references their location. The catalog is the only file that Lightroom opens. And it is a user file that is "owned" by the user of Lightroom.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: How do I talk to a real person at adobe?
                        Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

JenniferHighSchoolTeacher  wrote

Side notes:

I am a high school teacher with licensing purchased for our computer labs 200 students for the adobe creative suite and one license for my personal mac because I often work from home. The license is under the school technicians name. When working from home, I use my personal 2016 mac book pro to grade students work, edit image examples, and store example images. There is no individual "log-in" for each student or for myself on my mac- the adobe software clearly lists the techs name.  I don't want to lose all my images/ hard work if the funding runs out. Even if I pay for Lightroom myself, if the license ends, I am unclear if the images belong to me or stay with my technicians name.

The big thing to do is move all your actual images out of the Package folder that the Apple Photos app uses, basically hiding your images from you and store them on either the internal drive of your computer or on an external drive.

No images are ever IN Lightroom. Lightroom is a Database program that References your images from where YOU store them on your drive into the database file, IE the LR Catalog file.

2 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: How do I talk to a real person at adobe?

All of the above answers are SO helpful! I've never been given such knowledgeable advice on a forum! WOW and THANK YOU!